The vision of International Justice Mission (IJM) is to rescue thousands, protect millions and prove that justice for the poor is possible. Our Justice Operations division is responsible for ensuring that this vision becomes a reality. In this role, you will have the opportunity to support the Senior Vice President of Justice Operations (SVP) as he shapes the success of all IJM field programs around the world. The right candidate will be a mature, experienced and energetic professional that is excited to provide administrative and project support to enhance and maximize the SVP’s productivity and effectiveness.
This position is based at IJM headquarters in the Washington, DC area and reports to the Senior Vice President of Justice Operations.
Represent the SVP
- Draft and/or edit correspondence including memoranda, reports, e-mails and other documents on behalf of the SVP to ensure excellence in all communication;
- Flag and ensure follow-up on significant pieces of e-mail and other correspondence, and reply on behalf of the SVP, when appropriate;
- Ensure the SVP is informed of all pertinent organization matters; anticipate the SVP’s response to these matters and provide recommendations for action; and
- Along with the other members of the Justice Operations division, model excellence and professionalism for the organization in attire, language and attitude.
Scheduling and Meeting Preparation
- Manage the SVP’s calendar based on agreed upon priorities, including scheduling time for essential tasks;
- Draft and/or compile briefing material for upcoming internal and external meetings and travel; and
- Under the direction of the SVP, prepare or coordinate materials for all SVP meetings and presentations, including drafting agendas and creating visuals, memorandums and handouts.
Task Management and Meeting Follow-up
- Advance agenda/action items for the SVP’s reoccurring meetings with his direct reports and other IJM staff;
- Track deadlines based on agreed upon priorities and deadlines assigned by other entities; and
- Ensure appropriate follow-up from all meetings including flagging follow-up items and scheduling next steps.
- Determine all travel arrangements and logistics for both domestic and international trips including securing transportation, accommodations, meals and other logistics as necessary;
- Prepare and review all finance forms and timesheets for approval by and for the SVP;
- Manage and maintain the Field Operations department site on SharePoint;
- Utilize SharePoint to maintain confidential physical and electronic files and records for the SVP;
- Maintain the calendar for trips to the field and facilitate trip approval;
- Organize special projects and staff care initiatives for the Justice Operations division; and
- Participate in administration meetings and retreats.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree;
- At least three years of experience providing top-level administrative support in a fast-paced, professional environment;
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, experience with Microsoft SharePoint preferred;
- Exceptional ability in written and oral communications;
- Superior administrative capacity to multitask and manage detailed projects with minimal oversight and maintain complex systems and processes used to manage large volumes of information and to prioritize tasks;
- Extensive experience managing the schedule and conducting travel advance work for a frequently traveling executive;
- Adept at providing quality customer service to a variety of constituencies; and
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships and work as part of a team.
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
- Friendly, professional demeanor and composure under pressure;
- Meticulous attention to detail and disciplined with priorities;
- Ability to influence;
- Mature judgment;
- Self-starter with strong initiative;
- Adept at creative problem solving;
- Flexible; and
- Desire to serve and passion for administrative work.