International Justice Mission (IJM) is seeking a Marketing Manager to join the growing justice movement, leveraging his or her marketing expertise to raise the funds required to bring justice for the vulnerable and oppressed around the world. This position is part of a team responsible for raising more than $13 million in revenue per year through individual donors and achieving double digit revenue growth each year. In this role, you will drive and optimize core revenue streams, including direct mail and the annual Holiday Gift Catalogue, which support initiatives giving voice to victims of trafficking and slavery. The right person for this role will be analytical, creative and professional, and will excel at producing consistently excellent data-driven campaigns.
This position is based at IJM Headquarters in the Washington, DC area and reports to the Director of Fundraising Marketing.
Drive the execution and optimization of existing fundraising campaigns
- Manage all aspects of existing campaigns targeting donors giving below $5,000 a year;
- Drive the execution of IJM’s Holiday Gift Catalogue;
- Manage the creation of fundraising communications, mailings and promotional materials to ensure that all targets and requirements are met on time and within budget;
- Manage IJM’s monthly giving program including acquisition, retention and loyalty of monthly donors; and
- Work with the Director of Fundraising Marketing to develop IJM’s direct mail strategy, and execute all aspects of direct mail campaigns.
Monitor and evaluate fundraising marketing campaigns for greatest effectiveness
- Effectively manage the scope of fundraising marketing projects and maintain effectiveness by monitoring metrics, project plans and budgets;
- Ensure that the execution of fundraising marketing campaigns are in alignment with IJM’s values, mission, vision, and strategic plans;
- Assist in the development and achievement of annual fundraising performance metrics;
- Manage campaign-specific testing framework and tactics; provide feedback on program and campaign performance results; and
- Assist in developing and leveraging marketing analytics to drive results and adapt as necessary.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field;
- 3 – 5 years in results-driven fundraising roles with a clear track record of progressive success in exceeding revenue goals;
- Experience managing, implementing and evaluating direct mail campaigns;
- Superior time management and project management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage tasks in a fast-paced work environment; and
- Experience executing and optimizing marketing plans from the ground up that yield strong results.
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
- Analytical and creative with a firm grasp of fundraising techniques;
- Driven and results-oriented;
- Patient; works well under stress;
- Professional in demeanor, and written and oral communications;
- Personable, with a sustained positive attitude and a good sense of humor;
- Strong ethic of service and a passion for IJM; and
- Strong marketing acumen.