International Justice Mission (IJM) is a global organization inspired in Christian principles. Its mission is to: (i) rescue, protect and restore victims of violence and injustice; (ii) support local authorities to combat impunity and seek accountability of perpetrators; and (iii) transform public justice systems. IJM has presence in 18 communities around the world implementing programs addressing issues of sexual violence, gender-based violence, trafficking, slavery, and other forms of violent oppression.
IJM is seeking a professional with significant experience in Program Design, Monitoring and Evaluation (PDM&E). The ideal candidate has a strong desire to put their knowledge, experience, and abilities to serve those who suffer from injustice, violence and oppression.
In coordination with the IJM Headquarters Latin America team and in collaboration with Field Office Directors, the PDM&E Director will provide leadership and support to IJM’s PDM&E activities in Latin America, with a strong focus on IJM’s new program in El Salvador. This position is based in San Salvador, El Salvador. The PDM&E Manager will report to the Vice President of Regional Operations, Latin America, will receive technical oversight from the Vice President of Program Design, Monitoring and Evaluation and will collaborate with other PDM&E experts within the organization. The term for this position will be August 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018, with possible extension contingent upon additional funding and programming opportunities.
Strengthen Program Impact and Quality
- Lead development and implementation of systems and tools to monitor & evaluate IJM’s programming in Latin America and contribute to a robust program design and implementation for the El Salvador program;
- Lead development & implementation of program quality standards across IJM programs in Latin America and ensure programs are aligned with of IJM vision, mission, and strategic objectives;
- Ensure that all programs are designed to achieve meaningful results and to contribute to demonstrable, meaningful impact;
- Lead the program design process for new programs in Latin America;
- Liaise with research, social investigation and academic institutions in the implementation of research, assessments and other relevant studies to measure the success, efficiency, effectiveness and impact of IJM’s programs, its partners and the public justice system agencies;
- Proactively identify gaps or needed changes in the program outcomes, strategies, or monitoring, based on the evidence base; and
- Interpret program data for decision-makers and provide recommendations on how to learn and use the data within the program and also externally.
Strengthen Organizational Program Capacity
- Deliver program training to IJM program design and M&E teams in Latin America;
- Develop, maintain, and disseminate capacity building resources for program design, management, monitoring and evaluation; and
- Train and mentor partners on how to collect and use monitoring data.
Program Management and Administration
- Provide leadership to the field staff to implement synchronized program management and M&E activities;
- Work with the Field Office Directors to develop annual and project goals and objectives for M&E;
- Produce regular program progress reports;
- Lead, participate in, and provide technical assistance to external and internal program evaluations; and
- Develop annual work plans for partner-driven M&E-related capacity building.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in International Development, Rule of Law, Criminal Justice, Program Design and Management, or other closely related field;
- Experience with programs addressing gender-based violence, sexual violence and other forms of violence and oppression against women and children;
- At least 5 years of experience in applied program design, program management, monitoring and evaluation data use, and decision-making;
- Strong experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis methodologies;
- Expertise in developing M&E systems (data collection tools, strategies, M&E plans, data management systems, etc.) for program team and/or large-scale projects, from inception (or design stages) to closure;
- Knowledgeable of community-based interventions;
- Proven ability to work with program teams to understand goals and activities, balance staff time and competing priorities, and translate data into programmatic recommendations;
- Proficient in group facilitation with demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with partners, staff, and colleagues with a high level of tact, diplomacy and confidentiality;
- Proven leadership experience in program monitoring and evaluation;
- Exceptional organizational skills;
- Exceptional ability to work independently and autonomously;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Ability to work well with, and support, the work of others;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with strong computer skills, including electronic data systems design and use; and
- Preferred: experience in research and social studies and assessments.
Travel and Time Requirements
- This position will require frequent travel within El Salvador and travel outside of El Salvador. Additionally, the position requires flexible hours with the possibility of working nights and weekends.
- Mature Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed and as an active member of the Catholic or Evangelical/protestant churches;
- Ability to develop an authentic passion for IJM, its mission and values;
- Personable, patient, and persistent;
- Flexible and productive under pressure;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills;
- Attentive to detail;
- Can work with minimum supervision;
- Team player, committed to group success; and
- Willing to work some weekends and long hours.
International Justice Mission is a human rights agency that secures justice for victims of slavery, sexual exploitation and other forms of violent oppression. IJM lawyers, investigators and aftercare professionals work with local officials to ensure immediate victim rescue and aftercare, to prosecute perpetrators and to promote functioning public justice systems.
Please send your cover letter, CV, Statement of Faith* and three professional references, including at least one supervisor and one co-worker or subordinate, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. This should be sent as a separate document and should include a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, Bible study, etc.) and mention your current church or discipleship involvement.