International Justice Mission (IJM) is seeking an experienced Security Manager to provide technical leadership in regional security management. The Security Manager will assist IJM Field Offices to embed sound security practices to enhance the safety and security of IJM staff, assets and programs, and minimize operational risks. The successful candidate will have experience designing and implementing local security plans. This position is based in Guatemala City and reports to the Field Office Director, IJM Guatemala.
Lead Field Office Security Strategy
- Review, revise and implement comprehensive security strategies and operational protocols for IJM Field Offices, including evacuation and contingency plans for each office;
- Conduct regular and ongoing reviews and inspections of current security procedures, policies and systems; and
- Collaborate with field office and regional leadership to ensure Regional and Field Office security strategies appropriately support IJM program priorities.
Threat Analysis & Response
- Evaluate current political, social and climatic conditions for possible threats to the safety and security of Field Office staff;
- Provide guidance to field office staff and leadership, including recommendations for the safety, security and protection of staff at all times; and
- Support the Global Director of Contingency Operations in the implementation of Security and Threat Assessments using standard tools and processes, as and when needed.
Operational Support & Crisis Management
- Ensure security of IJM staff and clients, ensure implementation of all security protocols;
- Establish and monitor office access control mechanisms for IJM premises;
- Assist in the selection/supervision of office guards, where relevant;
- Ensure compliance with fire regulations and train office staff in fire/building evacuation plans;
- Provide on-the-ground leadership in response to critical incidents in the region, and provide input to office and regional leadership on crisis management;
- Provide on-the-ground leadership during potential security risks and threats arising from changing political, social or economic contexts where IJM field offices are located;
- Monitor national and regional security incident reporting and ensure appropriate dissemination of information during emergencies;
- Manage security requirements for special events, including Trips to the Field visits by donors, VIPs, etc; and
- Maintain updated staff lists, including details of visitors and consultants.
- Train field office staff in security strategies and operational and travel protocols;
- Ensure security and contingency plans are incorporated into all IJM programming in the region; and
- Facilitate communication to ensure field office staff are equipped with adequate knowledge, tools and resources to comply with security protocols and best practices throughout the region.
- Liaise with Field Office Director, Regional HQ team and Global Director of Contingency Operations to provide regular reporting and updates on security issues in the region.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in managing security operations, preferably for non-profit or foreign-based organizations;
- Experience in security guard supervision preferable;
- Experience in VIP protection preferable;
- Expertise in the analysis of security threats, risks and vulnerability in Latin America;
- Experience in crisis management preferred;
- Strong oral and written communications skills;
- Fluency in oral and written communication in English; and
- Competent in Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- After an initial probationary period of 6 months, this position will require approximately 3 weeks of travel to IJM’s field offices in Latin America per year.
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
- Professional demeanor;
- Attention to detail and disciplined with priorities;
- Patient; work well under stress;
- Personable; sustained positive attitude;
- Diplomatic and flexible;
- Effective team player and decisive leader; and
- Able to achieve goals in a cross-cultural and cross-religious setting.
- International Justice Mission is a human rights agency that secures justice for victims of slavery, sexual exploitation and other forms of violent oppression. IJM lawyers, investigators and aftercare professionals work with local officials to ensure immediate victim rescue and aftercare, to prosecute perpetrators and to promote functioning public justice systems.
Send Job Application Form, Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith*
- By E-mail (preferred method): email@example.com
- By Phone: (502) 2463-5550
*What is a statement of faith?
- A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement may be submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.