International Justice Mission is a global organization that protects the poor from violence throughout the developing world. IJM partners with local authorities to rescue victims of violence, bring criminals to justice, restore survivors, and strengthen justice systems. International Justice Mission Canada shares in this mission. The largest organization of its kind, IJM combats slavery, sex trafficking, sexual violence, police brutality, property grabbing and other forms of violence in nearly 20 communities throughout Africa, Latin America, South Asia and Southeast Asia.
We are looking for an outstanding web developer to be responsible for the coding and maintenance of IJM Canada’s website and online donation platforms, which includes online giving, peer-to-peer fundraising, and gift catalogue.
Lead the development and maintenance of the IJM Canada website, with a focus on user interface and user experience, and converting online leads to online donations. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Create sitemaps, screen flows, and webpages;
- Provide guidance for wireframes;
- Optimize website for mobile;
- Implement SEO, Google Analytics, and Google Campaigns;
- On an ongoing basis, conduct usability testing to ensure an exceptional experience for back-end users and front-end consumers; and
- Trouble-shoot and solve weaknesses in website CMS.
Create, maintain and consistently improve the technological capabilities of IJM Canada’s current online giving platforms: online donation, peer-to-peer fundraising, and gift catalogue. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Integrate online giving platforms with IJM Canada website;
- Trouble-shoot and fix issues for all giving platforms; and
- Optimize user interface for all giving platforms.
- Manage accessibility requirements for website and other available content.
- Ensure seamless integration of marketing automation platform with IJM Canada website and database (IE – MailChimp, etc.).
- Work cross-departmentally to ensure integration of team needs across all platforms.
Required Skills and Experience
- BSc or Diploma in Computer Science, Web Development, or related field;
- 1 to 2 years relevant work experience (experience acquired through internships will be considered);
- Proven ability to optimize web experiences for mobile;
- Proven ability to work with marketing automation platforms such as MailChimp;
- Proven ability to implement Google Analytics, Google Campaigns, SEO and new, emerging data generation tools;
- Experience with Web User Interface (UI)/ User Experience (UX) Design;
- Experience integrating data from various back-end services and databases such as Blackbaud and Salesforce;
- Proven ability leading successful web development projects; and
- Proven ability with implementation and management of online giving platforms (IE.Salesforce, Blackbaud/NetCommunity).
- Humble and resilient;
- Pursues excellence;
- Culturally aware and appreciative of differences;
- Strong service ethic;
- Innovative problem solver;
- Ability to build trust and strong partnerships with others;
- Courageous in pursuing opportunities and challenges;
- Tenacious in achieving goals; and
- IJM Canada offers a competitive salary, with medical, dental and retirement benefits.
- Position reports to the Manager of Marketing & Communications.
- Position based at IJM Canada headquarters in London, Ontario.
- Applications accepted until the position is filled – target start date December 2017.
Submit Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith* in one document to firstname.lastname@example.org
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.