Impact of Your Gift
Your Gift Makes A Difference
In a world where the poor have no voice and are frequently the victims of brutal violence and abuse, it is often the case that the difference between life and death - freedom and prison - justice and injustice - depends upon whether or not someone can show up on their behalf. Your gift will allow IJM to serve as a voice for the voiceless in our world, providing men, women and children with rescue, support and renewed hope for their lives and futures.
What Your Support Accomplishes
- $240 covers the cost of six days of aftercare for a victim.
- $455 covers the cost of seven days of legal advocacy.
- $900 covers the cost of 20 days of investigation to help bring freedom to the oppressed.
- $2,540 covers the cost of operations for one day in an IJM field office.
- $12,700 covers the cost of operations for one week in an IJM field office.
- $18,500 covers the annual cost for an IJM national lawyer to be a full time advocate for the oppressed.
* The above calculations are based on 2012 budget averages. Each gift is a contribution to the entire mission of International Justice Mission and will be used to meet IJM's most pressing needs
Because Of Your Support...
IJM’s 2012 Results - proving that justice for the poor is possible:
- More than 2,400 children, women and men were relieved from oppression through the work of IJM and IJM-trained field partners.
- 313 suspects were arrested and 132 criminals were convicted of slavery, rape and other violent crimes against the poor.
- 1,104 children, women and men set free from forced labor slavery by IJM and IJM-trained field partners in India.
- 311 girls and trafficked women rescued from sex trafficking in India, Cambodia and the Philippines.
- 43 innocent men and women set free from prison in Kenya.
- 470 hill tribe people received the citizenship rights to which they are entitled in Thailand.
- 358 women and children got their property back in Uganda and Zambia.
- More than 2,800 survivors of violence and their families received aftercare services from IJM.
Stephen's story, Kenya
Stephen was arrested and falsely charged with committing a bank robbery and shooting a police officer. He was viciously beaten by police officers for five days; when they realized that he was innocent, they conspired with a corrupt judge to have him held illegally in prison. IJM Kenya staff discovered his imprisonment and intervened, securing his acquittal and release after over three years of illegal detention. Committed to ensuring that others were not victimized by violent oppression, Stephen joined IJM Kenya's staff and now works to train communities on their rights.
Support IJM Now
Your gift enables IJM to bring rescue and restoration to victims of slavery, sexual exploitation and other forms of violent oppression.