2 GATHERINGS. 1 VISION.END SLAVERY FOR GOOD.
Students from hundreds of schools across the country will unite for two days and we want you there!
- Learn from IJM teams and staff
- Connect with other student leaders
- Worship and pray together
- Get equipped to lead a generation to end slavery for good
WHO COMES TO NORTHSTAR?
"I love NorthStar because I get to reconnect with the God of Justice, spend time with IJM staff in person, and grow as a campus leadership team."
"NorthStar was such an invaluable experience because allowed me to grow deeper in my understanding of God's heart for justice while also getting the chance to learn so many practical ways to help end slavery."
"NorthStar reminds me that I’m not alone in the fight for justice. In fact, I’m a part of the generation that can end slavery."
"I still see before me a life of toil and trials . . .but justice must be done, the truth mustbe told . . . I will not be silent."
In the 1800s, American slaves followed the North Star to freedom, inspiring abolitionist Frederick Douglass to create The North Star newspaper, to unify & empower those fighting to end slavery. At IJM’s NorthStar Student Leadership Conference, it is our hope that you will find that same inspiration to lead your generation in our modern day fight to end slavery. There are approximately 29.8 million slaves in our world today. More than at any other time in history. As college leaders, you are playing a critical role in this fight by waking up your campus to the fact that slavery still exists. By coming together as leaders, we believe that can and will change…for good.
- WHAT IF I AM NOT 18-25?
- If leading the justice movement among this age range or in the context of a university campus/other institution of higher education is relevant to you, please feel free to join us.
- ARE SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE?
- IJM is not able to provide scholarships for NorthStar. Every effort has been made to make ticket prices as affordable as possible, including offering a further reduced group rate. Other options for financial support include: utilizing campus chapter funds, requesting local church support or university funding.
- WHAT DOES THE COST OF REGISTRATION COVER?
- The price includes access for both days of the conference, conference booklet & materials, and lunch on Saturday.
- WHAT IS THE CANCELLATION POLICY?
- Tickets are transferable but non-refundable. If you need to transfer your tickets, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org with the original registrant name/s and new information.
- WHAT IS THE SCHEDULE?
- Please reference the details section. Registration opens at 6:00p on Friday, October 16 for Midwest and October 23 for Southeast. The conference will close at approximately 11:00p on Saturday evening (October 17 and 24). Ticket prices cannot be adjusted for conference attendees who cannot attend the conference in full but please make us aware of your abbreviated attendance.
- WHAT IF I HAVE A QUESTION THAT STILL HASN'T BEEN ANSWERED?
- Ask us! Please email us at email@example.com. This email is monitored Monday-Friday.