International Justice Mission (IJM) is a fast growing international organization working to protect some of the most vulnerable and oppressed people from violent forces of injustice by securing rescue and restoration for victims and ensuring public justice systems work for the poor. IJM is seeking a talented Lawyer who will assist in representing victims of forced labor trafficking investigations and seeking criminal accountability for perpetrators of labor trafficking crimes within the project area. This position is based in Accra, Ghana and reports to the Senior Attorney of IJM Ghana.
- Advise management on how to keep within the law and minimize legal risks;
- Support Police and Prosecutors in the investigation and prosecution of child/forced labor trafficking perpetrators;
- Conduct research, brief writing and oral advocacy on behalf of IJM clients;
- Track case related data on paper and electronic case tracking management systems;
- Attend and/or participate in all legal proceedings relevant to assigned cases;
- Maintain accurate and updated documentation of legal proceedings in assigned cases;
- Perform legal research and draft pleadings as necessary in assigned cases;
- Ensure legal custody of rescued children for partner shelter and compliance with child protection laws and policies;
- Monitor legal policy information and developments which are or may be applicable to IJM; and
- Carry out additional assignments as directed by the Senior Attorney.
Skills and Experience
- Degree in law, current Practicing Certificate;
- 3-5 years’ experience as a practicing attorney;
- Strong critical thinking, legal analysis and oral and written advocacy skills;
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft applications;
- Experience in criminal litigation preferred;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English;
- Driver’s License preferred; and
- Strong legal research and writing skills.
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
- Willingness to work under potentially hazardous conditions;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Disciplined with priorities;
- Patient and able to work well under stress;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, personable, with a heart for service and sustained positive attitude;
- Punctual; manages time and resources effectively;
- Diplomatic, flexible, and mature in judgment;
- Effective team player and leader; and
- Evident passion to help people suffering injustice and oppression.
The mission of International Justice Mission is to protect people from violent forces of injustice by securing rescue and restoration for victims and ensuring public justice systems work for the poor.
Send Cover Letter, Resume, & Statement of Faith*
By E-mail :
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.