Who We Are
IJM is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 countries. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
AP Workday Lead (Regional Accounting Services) reports to the Regional Lead (Global Finance Accounting) and will support the work of justice by participating in the essential business functions of accounts payable and expense management primarily for the regional team.
- Processing expenses in line with IJM Policy and local, country level and Grant driven regulations
- Ensure that any accounting entries for staff expenses and invoices are recorded accurately and in a timely manner
- Assist the country finance managers with Fixed asset register maintenance
- Work with IJM staff to ensure that IJM policies and procedures are followed for use of procurement cards, IJM corporate cards; also approval of the incurred expenses by the appropriate staff authorization.
- Support the Annual Financial Statement Audit: Work with the accounting teams to manage the annual financial statement audit. Provide key support during Annual Financial Statement Audit. Prepare journal entries as required
- Accounting Standards update: Work with the accounting teams to update IJM expense and fixed asset policies
- Wire Payments: Create accurate Delivery Instructions for wire payments
- Review asset inventory & FO records to agree to HQ Fixed Asset system and provide quarterly depreciation figures to finance for quarterly reports.
- Ensure Expenses are correctly coded, supported, authorized, within Grant Budget and inputted into Workday with correct accounting worktags
- Monthly Close: Participate in monthly close process; account analysis and reconciliation, post journal entries and resolve questions for a timely close for outstanding expense reports and missing Procurement card or corporate card verifications.
- Year-end activities: Perform reconciliations and checks for accuracy of expenses and accounts payable accounts information; compile schedules in preparation of entity and consolidated level financial statement audit.
- Process Improvement: Collaborate with other divisions and accounting teams to continuously work on improving existing processes or uses of technology to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Demonstrated ability to research, understand and communicate any changes in relation to US GAAP and regional level statutory accounting principles that would impact the organization.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Proven ability to apply US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Professional written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Workday Financials preferred
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Office Suite in general
- Mature Christian faith with proven ability to lead others in Christian spiritual formation;
- Interpersonal skillset with strong networking ability;
- Exceptional collaborator with diverse teams;
- High credibility with staff and partners
- Customer service excellence
- Experience with Workday or similar ERP systems would be advantageous
Send Job Application (Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith*) to:
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.