Who We Are
IJM is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 countries. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
This position will be based in Colombia, Guatemala, El Salvador, or the Dominican Republic and is open to applicants who are nationals or residents of those countries. The role reports to the Regional President, Latin America.
IJM seeks an Analyst, Financial Planning, Latin America to provide regional-level leaders with the support, information, analysis and insight needed to make the strategic decisions that will allow IJM’s Latin America region to achieve our regional objectives as part of the 2030 Vision, while ensuring fiscal responsibility and good stewardship within our region. This role also will work closely with the Global Finance Planning team to ensure alignment, information and support for Global-level planning and decision-making needs. Collaborating across all teams in the region, this position reports directly to the Regional President, Latin America with dotted line reporting to the Vice President of Financial Planning.
- Facilitate the creation of informative and accurate strategic plans, annual budgets and quarterly forecasts by developing and entering regional, hub and country level expense plans, targets, assumptions and projections;
- Support the Regional President and Latin America Leadership Team in making strategic decisions by providing them with return on investment and opportunity cost analysis;
- Ensure fiscal responsibility and good stewardship within the region by providing the Regional President and Latin America Leadership Team with regular reliable reports and analysis of their performance against budgets and forecasts;
- Equip the Regional President and Latin America Leadership Team and key members of their team with training, tools and templates that enable them to understand and utilize IJM’s financial planning process and financial data.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration, statistics, international development or other similar discipline;
- At least five years of professional experience in financial planning, accounting, forecasting, budget management, program management or data analysis;
- Graduate degree or certification in finance, accounting, business administration, statistics, international development or other similar discipline preferred;
- Experience in financial management for complex, rapidly growing organizations operating in multiple currencies and on multiple data platforms preferred;
- Experience and high-level competency with Microsoft Excel and/or other similar software packages;
- Experience with Adaptive Insights, Workday Financials and/or Salesforce CRM or similar data platforms;
- Experience with Tableau or similar data visualization software packages strongly preferred; and,
- Fully fluent in Spanish and in English.
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
- Self-starter with strong initiative;
- Disciplined with priorities;
- Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication;
- Flexible, collaborative and eager to support others;
- Effective team player who fosters collaborative environment; and
- Adept at creative problem solving.
Email Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith* in one document to firstname.lastname@example.org
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.