Who We Are
International Justice Mission (IJM) is the global leader in protecting vulnerable people from violence around the world. Our global team of over 1,200 professionals are at work in 33 offices. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
After almost 25 years of continued growth and operational success in pioneering the work of protecting those who are experiencing poverty from violence, IJM has become a $100+ million organization. As IJM continues this trajectory of growth and scaling of its impact, with the Vision to protect 500 million people by the year 2030, IJM’s Indonesia Field Office is seeking a Analyst, MERL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning).
This position is based at IJM’s Indonesia Field Office in Jakarta and reports to the Field Office Director, Indonesia.
Research, Reporting, Documentation & Data Management:
- Co-lead the development and periodic update of the program’s M&E plan, learning and use plan, and theory of change pathway with the Program Management Lead;
- Compile data on program indicators, ensuring that all program indicators have data regularly collected and appropriately stored from verifiable sources according to the program’s M&E plan;
- Conduct regular analysis of program data, supplying data and analysis as needed for program related reports, reviews and decisions;
- Conduct quarterly and annual program reviews and prepare program and project reports for internal and external stakeholders in consultation with the IJM Indonesia team;
- Conduct external data gathering, including stakeholder feedback, to support program development and decision-making;
- Support the regional/Hub team in conducting research studies related to the program in Indonesia;
- Deliver training as needed for IJM staff and partners on M&E framework, language, principles and tools, research methods and skills, and data entry;
- Contextualize tools from IJM Global together with IJM Indonesia and IJM forced labor program hub colleagues and NGO partners;
- Work closely with Indonesia program staff to ensure project activities are well documented, including thorough and well- organized filing systems with supporting documents;
- Implement regular data quality audits of program monitoring data and work with colleagues and NGO partners to correct data errors;
- Identify additional M&E needs and ways to measure the current programs, to increase the volume, quality and accuracy of data;
- Support M&E and learning projects within the office and in collaboration with IJM regional and global teams;
- Participate in and support monitoring visits and reviews of partner projects; and
- Ensure full implementation of IJM Indonesia grant obligations regarding monitoring and evaluation of program.
Program Implementation Planning and Review:
- Assist the Field Office Director, together with the Program Management Lead, in preparing, conducting, and following up on quarterly program reviews and other program review meetings.
General Accounting & Statutory Compliance:
- Support development of annual budget for M&E activities and manage spending of funds in accordance with IJM Indonesia’s budget and stewardship principles.
- Maintain detailed familiarity with IJM’s program and its implementation by participating in team meetings, partner meetings, and a variety of internal and external program activities;
- Act as a liaison with the IJM regional teams and other program offices on program and M&E issues, sharing knowledge and lessons learned;
- Participate in regular IJM program team meetings, and IJM regional/hub M&E team meetings;
- Maintain confidentiality of privileged and sensitive information;
- Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned by the Field Office Director;
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, IJM policies and best practices; and
- Update and use IJM’s casework tracking systems and other data collection, monitoring and evaluation tools.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Development Studies, Statistics or a related field;
- Master’s degree preferred; and
- Minimum of 4-5 years of experience in program monitoring, data management and/or evaluation-including any of:
- designing, managing, or monitoring a program
- conducting data quality audits or quality assurance assessments
- capturing, synthesizing, and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data
- Excellent interpersonal skills that enhance productivity and facilitates positive workplace relationships;
- Strong research, writing and verbal communication skills in English and Indonesian;
- Professional presentation in demeanor and written and spoken communication;
- Meticulous attention to detail, sound judgment, ability to take initiative and provide constructive feedback;
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills; and
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and comfortable with learning new computer software programs.
- Resilient and works well under stress with a sustained positive attitude;
- Proven ability to lead cross-culturally to achieve significant outcomes and impact;
- Strong leadership, management and coaching ability with high level of emotional intelligence;
- Ability to mitigate conflict or disagreement in a professional manner;
- Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity;
- Diplomatic and flexible; and
- Passionate commitment to and understanding of IJM mission
- Self-starter with strong initiative;
- Disciplined with priorities;
- Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication;
- Flexible, collaborative and eager to support others;
- Effective team player who fosters collaborative environment; and
- Adept at creative problem solving.
Interested applicants, please send your Cover Letter and CV/Resume in English to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 28 May 2022.
Remarks: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.