Who We Are
IJM is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 countries. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
Working under the leadership of the Regional Vice President, Northern Triangle (RVP-NT) and within the context of a community of Christian spiritual formation, the Associate Director, Justice Solutions (AD-JS) will lead a team of teams to, as part of a larger network of teams, catalyze a revolution in citizen security in the Northern Triangle of Central America (NT) so that women and children are protected from everyday violence and justice for people who live in poverty becomes unstoppable. The AD-JS will collaborate closely with peers on a senior leadership team to develop unified Hub strategies and to keep updated a “backlog” of team projects operationalizing those strategies. In leading teams, the AD-JS will communicate shared vision and values, will focus on strategy and planning, will provide teams clarity regarding responsibilities and priorities so that the right thing is being done at the right time by the right group of people, and will empower the team members to make the decisions and take the actions necessary to successfully execute projects within the context of overarching sub-regional strategy. To achieve this “empowered execution” and thereby create flexibility and speed that enables quick action in complex circumstances, the AD-JS will employ means that drive free-flowing information sharing, decentralized decision-making, empowerment, shared ownership, accountability, and alignment within and across teams. The AD-JS is an “empleado de confianza” within the meaning of the Guatemalan Labor Code.
- Spiritual Development - Fosters a thriving “Jesus Culture” in which the words and actions of team members are guided by the teachings of Jesus rather than societal norms and in which team members demonstrate an eager desire to participate in the office´s spiritual disciplines. Success will be demonstrated by team members reporting experiencing that team members are holding each other accountable, helping each other become better and to succeed, and unwaveringly honoring and dignifying each other.
- Innovative, Successful, and Scalable Activation and Accompaniment Programs - Employs Influencer and other change-management models to lead the development of sound, holistic, data-driven, user-focused, innovative programs of Activation and Accompaniment that catalyze a revolution in citizen security (particularly in terms of protection from violence against women and children) throughout the Northern Triangle. Success will be measured by consistency in program designs meeting office design standards, by consistency in teams reaching milestones and achieving their specific goals, and by hitting Key Impunity Indicator and protection targets.
- Team Empowerment and Agile Execution - Forms and nurtures dynamic networks of highly empowered teams that are organized around mission-oriented, user-need-focused justice services projects, that communicate fluidly and coordinate effectively across teams, and that execute rapidly and with excellence. Performance will be measured by adherence to Agile principles in the formation and operation of teams and of teams of teams, by the reality of decentralized decision-making, by the creation of functioning mechanisms of fluid communication and information-sharing, and by the existence of shared ownership, accountability and alignment within and across teams.
- Peer Collaboration Model - Leads and supports the creation of a functional and effective model of peer collaboration at the director level focused on vision, strategy, strategy operationalization, planning, culture, prioritization, cross-team communication, and cross-team collaboration. A successful model will result in a unified Hub strategy and a continuously updated and prioritized product/project backlog.
- System-Wide Solutions - Lead and support the development of legislative, policy and system solutions that achieve a high level of impact in strengthening the performance of key criminal justice system agencies, measured by Key Impunity Indicators and the number of women and children being protected from violence.
- Coalition and Partnership Building - Form, lead, support, strengthen, and/or influence partnerships and coalitions and local, national and sub-regional levels so that they are engaged in effective and fruitful Accompaniment and Activation efforts that advance the protection of women and children from violence.
- Graduate degree in business management, organizational development, or similar field strongly preferred.
- Executive leadership experience strongly preferred.
- Three years´ experience leading, mentoring and developing teams with a demonstrated track record of successfully empowering supervised employees to exercise decision-making rights.
- Five years’ experience successfully leading complex, multi-stakeholder, multi-sector initiatives to success in challenging environments with excellent outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams to take reasonable risks and innovate effective solutions to intractable problems.
- Experience forging partnerships and strategic, collaborative relationships with diverse stakeholders to accomplish significant objects.
- Meaningful experience with Human-Centered Design, Design Thinking and/or Agile frameworks strongly preferred.
- Mentoring and coaching (professional and spiritual)
- Management of multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural teams
- Management of complex programs (directly and through partners)
- Ability to avoid creating siloed teams. Ability to work and lead across silos when they exist.
- Proficient in English
- Passionate, self-motivated learner both inside and outside of academic contexts
- Embraces change. Drives innovation. Bold. Growth mindset.
- Strong collaborative partner to peers. Thinks “organization-wide.”
- Proven strategic thinker. Critical thinker. Sound judgment.
- Problem-solver. Proven ability to diagnose, isolate and resolve complex problems.
- Action oriented. Makes hard decisions.
- Professional and diplomatic. High emotional intelligence.
- Willing to travel often both domestically and internationally.
Send Job Application (Cover Letter, Resume & Statement of Faith*) By E-mail: email@example.com
*What is a statement of faith?A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.