Who We Are
International Justice Mission (IJM) is the global leader in protecting vulnerable people from violence around the world. Our global team of over 1,200 professionals are at work in 33 offices. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
After 25 years of continued growth and operational success in pioneering the work of protecting those who are experiencing poverty from violence, IJM has become a $100+ million organization. As IJM continues this trajectory of growth and scaling of its impact, with the Vision to protect 500 million people by the year 2030, IJM’s Country Director in El Salvador is seeking an Associate Director, Justice Solutions.
The Associate Director, Justice Solutions (AD – JS) serves as the main subject-matter expert on Criminal Justice and Rule of Law. This position is responsible for interacting with Government and Non-Government actors, including high and mid-ranking Public Justice System Officials, being a recognized thought leader and relationship builder with deep experience in policy advocacy and communications. The AD-JS will collaborate closely with peers on a senior leadership team to develop unified Hub strategies and to keep updated a “backlog” of team projects operationalizing those strategies. The AD-JS will lead a team of teams, being responsible for overseeing personnel assigned to his/her component.
This position is based in El Salvador and reports to the Country Director, El Salvador.
- Technical direction, support and leadership in matters related to the assigned component.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the work plan designed for the component.
- Serve as liaison with Government counterparts and key internal and external stakeholders.
- Preference for Master’s degree in Justice or related field.
- Experience in the field of gender based violence.
- Bachelor degree in Law OR Bachelor degree in another field IF candidate possess at least 5 years of relevant experience in Rule of Law.
- At least 7 years of progressive experience working in organizational development and/or capacity building.
- At least 5 years of experience in criminal justice, law or related field.
- Experience working effectively cross-culturally and across multiple time zones.
- High proficiency in Spanish. Fluent in English preferred.
- Passion for IJM’s mission.
- Global and cultural awareness.
- Strong Cultural Intelligence.
- Ability to build trust.
- Creativity and problem solving.
- Effective communicator verbally and in writing.
- Professional and diplomatic.
- Organizational skills.
- Resilient under stress.
- Unfailing integrity and honesty.
What does IJM have to offer?
- Private medical and life insurance.
- 18 working days of vacation.
- Daily, quarterly and annual community spiritual formation.
- Benefits established by law.
- Excellent work environment.
Send your Resume and Cover Letter in a single document to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org