Who We Are
International Justice Mission (IJM) is a global organization that protects the vulnerable from violence by partnering with government authorities to rescue victims, bring criminals to justice, restore survivors, and strengthen criminal justice systems so they protect the vulnerable from violence and abuse long-term. IJM is a global team of lawyers, social workers, fieldworkers and other professionals. IJM has 17 field offices across the globe, including multiple offices in Southeast Asia. In Bangkok, IJM Foundation provides support to Thai authorities to eliminate forced labor and human trafficking from the Thai fishing and seafood industries. IJM lawyers, fieldworkers, social workers and other professionals support Thai law enforcement, social services, prosecutors and the courts to identify and prosecute cases of forced labor and human trafficking crimes, and restore labor trafficking survivors to safety and strength.
The Associate, M&E and Data position is responsible for the design and implementation of IJM Bangkok’s M&E frameworks and processes, and for ensuring the capture and accurate recording of program data. The M&E and Data position will compile, review and analyze information about program activities and results. This will allow for timely decision-making, ensure accountability, and provide the basis for evaluation and learning. Strong M&E and data practices will drive program improvements, produce evidence in support of IJM’s model and enable IJM to activate agents of change within Thailand, regionally and globally.
Roles and Responsibilities
M&E Plan Development and M&E Plan Management: Responsible for design, updating and use of M&E frameworks and tools.
- Implement comprehensive and realistic monitoring and evaluation plan for the program, complete with data sources, collection methods, analysis plans, quality controls and resource requirements;
- Continually assess and improve methods and instruments for the collection, documentation, analysis and reporting of data;
- Identify additional M&E needs and ways to measure the current programs;
- Support M&E and learning projects within the office and in collaboration with IJM regional and global teams;
- Contribute to the development and update of the program’s M&E plan, learning and use plan, and theory of change pathway.
Data Collection and Monitoring: Responsible for ensuring high quality data gathering from all program teams, responsible for substantial data entry and creation of systems and tools for effective data entry by other staff.
- Design and update data collection processes and tools;
- Work closely with all program staff to ensure project activities are well-documented and that data is being regularly collected, stored, quality-checked, and analyzed for monitoring and learning;
- Support staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture program progress;
- Create and share relevant monitoring and evaluation resource materials, templates, and guidance documentation to program staff;
- Implement systems to track the collection, review and use of monitoring data;
- Guide program teams in using and maintaining data processes and tools;
- Implement regular data quality audits of program monitoring data and work with teams to correct data errors.
Analysis and Use of Data: Responsible for conducting regular program data analysis to support leadership and program decision-making and enable the program to achieve its goals.
- Conduct regular analysis of program data, providing data and analysis as needed for program-related reports, reviews and decisions;
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data to provide insights to office leaders to improve program effectiveness and help teams achieve their goals;
- Brainstorm and identify additional sources of external data that can be used to inform program decision making, for instance, through publicly available data or potential data sharing partnerships;
- Recommend program changes based on progress against KPIs and other indicators;
- Assist the Field Office Director and Senior Manager, Program Support in preparing for and following up on Quarterly Program Reviews and other program review meetings.
Training and Development: Responsible for training in M&E, research and data entry and analysis. Designs and implements tools to measure effectiveness of government and stakeholder trainings.
- Deliver training as needed for IJM staff on M&E framework, language, principles and tools, research methods and skills, and data entry;
- Deliver basic training to partner NGO’s and government officials as needed, focused on metrics, data capture and sharing, and IJM’s approach to M&E, research and learning;
- Design evaluation tools for government and other stakeholder capacity building projects, assess effectiveness of training in strengthening government will and capacity, and suggest changes to training methods as needed.
- Maintain detailed familiarity with the program and its implementation by participating in team meetings and a variety of internal and external program activities;
- Act as a liaison with the IJM regional team and other offices on M&E and data issues, sharing knowledge and lessons learned;
- Carry out additional projects as assigned by the Senior Manager, Program Support;
- Maintain confidentiality of privileged and sensitive information.
This position reports to the Senior Manager, Program Support. This position does not supervise any other positions.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, international development, or a related field; graduate degree preferred;
- M&E certification desirable;
- Minimum of two years’ of successful experience in program monitoring, data management and/or evaluation – including any of:
- Designing, managing, or monitoring a program
- Conducting data quality audits or quality assurance assessments
- Capturing, synthesizing, and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data
- Presenting program monitoring or quality assurance results effectively to internal or external stakeholders
- Training program staff on data management or monitoring issues
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills;
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to present data in in an easily understandable way;
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and comfortable with learning new computer software programs;
- Fluency in English and Thai, with excellent writing and speaking skills in both;
- Knowledge of statistics and of common qualitative and quantitative methodologies preferred;
- Experience with statistical software and project management information systems preferred.
- Professional presentation in demeanor and written and spoken communication;
- Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Meticulous attention to detail, sound judgment, ability to take initiative and provide constructive feedback, and strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Diplomatic and flexible;
- Disciplined with priorities and works well under deadline pressures;
- Proactive, independent and self-directed;
- Excellent cross-cultural communication skills and experience or desire to work comfortably within a multi-ethnic, multi-national team;
- Sustained positive attitude;
- Passionate commitment to and understanding of IJM mission.