Who We Are
IJM is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,200 professionals are at work in 33 offices over 25 countries. Together, we are catalyzing a global movement that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
IJM is seeking a qualified, creative and committed professional Caseworker to conduct and monitor labor trafficking investigations. This position gathers reliable, timely and actionable information concerning victims, witnesses, and perpetrators and the means and methods involved in both cross border and internal labor trafficking and develops compelling labor trafficking cases to present to Cambodian law enforcement officials for action and intervention.
This position is based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia and reports to the Head, Casework.
Strategy & Knowledge Development & Implementation:
- Develop a thorough working knowledge of relevant laws and criminal procedures regarding human trafficking investigations;
- Develop a thorough working knowledge of the modus operandi of human traffickers and the investigative methodologies and techniques utilized in human trafficking investigations.
- Properly strategize the development and investigation of cases and develop effective investigative plans to progress the case forward to a successful conclusion;
- Conduct thorough, detailed, well documented investigations;
- Analyze data to drive investigations strategies and tactics;
- Develop relationships of trust with victims to generate the needed information and obtain victim support for interventions;
- Analyze cases under TIP law and advise on IJM’s response.
Networking & Partnership:
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with governmental officials from relevant national and international agencies to facilitate the development, investigation, and prosecution of human trafficking cases;
- Collaborate with community members and NGO partners to receive and respond to reports of trafficking, gathering accurate and relevant information about trafficking activity within communities, and strategically analyzing case work.
Documentation, Reporting & Data Management:
- Write detailed, daily investigative reports and submit them to the Head of Casework in a timely manner;
- Competently work with various databases, record management systems, communication networks, and specialized equipment;
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all investigations, investigative strategies, and other privileged and sensitive information.
- University degree in relevant field such as criminal justice, social work and psychology or equivalent skills and work experience;
- At least two years’ experience in conducting criminal investigations or other relevant experience;
- Law enforcement experience an advantage;
- Specific experience in working with victims of migrant workers and/or victims of human trafficking preferred;
- Fluency in oral and written communication in Khmer and English;
- Additional language proficiency in Thai, Burmese, Malay, or Chinese an advantage;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other computer software is preferable;
- A clear criminal record;
- Valid passport (or able to obtain).
- Self-starter with strong initiative;
- Disciplined with priorities;
- Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication;
- Flexible, collaborative and eager to support others;
- Effective team player who fosters collaborative environment; and
- Adept at creative problem solving.
- Deadline: Open until the position is filled.
- Only completed applications will be reviewed. A completed application includes:
- Job Application Form, Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith*
- Download Application Form: here
- A completed application can be submitted to cambodiarecruiting@IJM.org
*Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview within two to four weeks.
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.