Who We Are
International Justice Mission (IJM) is the global leader in protecting vulnerable people from violence around the world. Our global team of over 1,200 professionals are at work in 33 offices. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice unstoppable. Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
After almost 25 years of continued growth and operational success in pioneering the work of protecting those who are experiencing poverty from violence, IJM has become a $100+ million organization. International Justice Mission, Ghana is seeking individuals with accounting and finance background to fill the position of Coordinator, Finance position. The will report to the Senior Manager, Support Services. The position holder will be based in Accra, but may be required to travel to other parts of Ghana.
- Ensure best practice of Finance policies and procedure.
- Reconcile all expense reports and cash advances.
- Review daily PRFs, journal vouchers and related documents.
- Review timesheets, prepare timesheet allocations, PRF as per proper class/code.
- Prepare timesheet allocations and prepare JV as per proper class.
- Assist the Finance Team to review all requests for payment and expense reports for proper expense classifications and authorizations.
- Maintain petty cash anytime it is re-introduced.
- Reconcile all expense reports and cash advance.
- Assist the Accountant with issuing advances to employees and maintain balances in financial system, zeroing out cash advance before issuing a new advance or at least monthly.
- Assist with all payments for office expenses and any recurring payments.
- Ensure that spending is in accord with the budget and good stewardship.
- Ensure accuracy, completeness and conformance to policies.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities for the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All positions are required to perform any additional tasks assigned by the supervisor and the Country Director or his/her designee.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or a degree in a related field from an accredited university.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial software (QuickBooks) and principles of accounting & bookkeeping.
- Minimum one year hands-on accounting experience, preferably a non-profit organization.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a Team.
- Excellent Analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Exhibit high level of professionalism, confidentiality, and discretion.
- Must have a servant heart to serve and others.
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office applications preferred but not required.
- No criminal records.
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed.
- Willingness to work under potentially hazardous conditions.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Disciplined with priorities.
- Patient and able to work well under stress.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, personable, with a heart for service and sustained positive attitude.
- Punctual; manages time and resources effectively.
- Diplomatic, flexible, and mature in judgment.
- Must have a servant heart to serve others.
- Evident passion to help people suffering injustice and oppression.
Send Cover Letter, Resume, & Statement of Faith* By E-mail: email@example.com
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.