Who We Are
International Justice Mission (IJM) is the global leader in protecting vulnerable people from violence around the world. Our global team of over 1,200 professionals are at work in 33 offices. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice unstoppable. Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
After almost 25 years of continued growth and operational success in pioneering the work of protecting those who are experiencing poverty from violence, IJM has become a $100+ million organization. International Justice Mission, Ghana is seeking for an Investigator who will be responsible for building strong relationships with our partners and provide them with the needed training for our operations. The Position Holder will also be responsible for conducting and monitoring human trafficking investigations. Master the ability to secure reliable, timely and actionable information concerning victims and perpetrators of criminal activity within the project area. This position reports to the Director, ILED. The position holder will be based in Accra, but will be required to travel to other parts of Ghana.
- Ensure effective implementation of training goals and targets in relation to IJM’s law enforcement partners.
- Lead in training and empowering of partner NGOs to identify cases of Human Trafficking.
- Network and build partnerships with key government officials, in line with the Organisation’s strategic objectives.
- Identify training needs and provide relevant training sessions for operatives and partners.
- Develop training curriculum and relevant materials to meet identified training needs.
- Recruit and maintain a network of operatives and informants who provide reliable, timely and actionable information regarding cases of forced labor trafficking.
- Conduct collaborative and independent human trafficking investigations.
- Ability to conduct GPS investigations.
- Assist in the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of strategies and best and best practices for effective IJM-assisted investigations and interventions on behalf of victims.
- Serve, if necessary, as a witness within criminal courts.
- Comply with all IJM assisted investigations and interventions on behalf of victims.
- Ensure activity compliance with all IJM government and donor requirements.
- Carry out additional assignments as required by the Director of ILED and Country Director or his/her designee.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited university.
- Three to Five Years experience in conducting criminal investigations preferred.
- Ability to speak and write English.
- Fluency in Ada, Ewe or Krobo advantageous.
- Ability to convey information concisely and accurately.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office applications preferred but not required.
- No criminal records.
- Licensed and able to drive a four-wheeled motor vehicle.
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
- Willingness to work under potentially hazardous conditions;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Disciplined with priorities;
- Patient and able to work well under stress;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, personable, with a heart for service and sustained positive attitude;
- Punctual; manages time and resources effectively;
- Diplomatic, flexible, and mature in judgment;
- Effective team player and leader; and
- Evident passion to help people suffering injustice and oppression.
Send Cover Letter, Resume, & Statement of Faith* By E-mail : email@example.com
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.