IJM Cambodia’s DFOD/Head, Planning Division will increase the scale of IJM’s impact: 1) externally via inter-organizational thought leadership and strategic relationship management and 2) internally via large, complex team management; stewardship of our planning function (M&E, data, research, program management, etc.) and strategic vision towards the aim of significantly reducing instances of Forced Labor Slavery in Cambodia.
This new position will lead a team of experienced social workers, lawyers, government engagement specialists, program managers, and M&E/data staff to establish formal and informal partnerships with NGOs, businesses, community organizations, and national/provincial government agencies. The aim of these partnerships will be to build and measure increased capacity and commitment amongst our government partners to effectively combat FLS and to replicate IJM’s intervention and care model via capable government and civil society partners nationwide.
The incumbent of this role will be required to make decisions, exercise judgment and take actions which will have a substantial or wide-ranging impact on other parts of the organization and/or on the external image and reputation of the organization.
Roles and Responsibilities
Leadership and Management:
- Build a well-functioning and healthy multi-disciplinary team with the right strengths and capacities for their roles;
- Provide vision, direction, and/or expert advice to FOD and leadership team on effective people and performance management of supervised staff;
- Leadership of whole person through emphasis on spiritual formation and pastoral care;
- Set vision and strategy for the Cambodia Field Office in collaboration with other leaders in the office and the Forced Labor Slavery Hub.
Strategy & Knowledge Development & Implementation:
- Develop objectives, priorities, and the implementation of plans for Partnerships consistent with the long-term strategy for IJM Cambodia’s project, aimed at increasing the scale of IJM’s impact in Cambodia, the region and globally;
- Undertake long-term planning and implementation in order to ensure achievement of organizational strategy and objectives;
- Build department and field-office level strategies and plans around IJM’s core theory of change of ending impunity in forced labor slavery, identifying the essential components of a strategy to deliver rapid and sustainable impact within two – three years in the areas of communications, government/partner engagement, and M&E;
- Draw from IJM Cambodia’s deep casework and government relations experience to direct training of partners on essential best practices and minimum standards;
- Develop a plan to obtain, monitor and report on partner data, including activities, results, milestones and impact;
- Contribute to the formulation of IJM’s source-country response model/product.
Strategic Relationship Management:
- Initiate, develop and maintain complex relations, alliances and coalitions with strategically important agencies/organizations in Cambodia which further the goal of rapidly increasing the scope and impact of IJM’s JST model in Cambodia. Specific task may include: establishing and leading networks, motivating constituents, advocacy, high level/complex negotiations, or capacity building.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the partner landscape in Cambodia and devise a strategy to identify, recruit, equip and manage the most high-potential partners;
- Personally build trust with key stakeholders in national and sub-national government levels and amongst civil society partners/stakeholders leading to concrete, practical, productive and sustainable engagements.
- Personally build trust with key stakeholders within the FLS hub, the APAC region, and IJM Global.
Program Design, M&E, and Data Management:
- Lead production of annual and quarterly work planning process in collaboration with IJM Cambodia leadership team
- Hone IJM Cambodia’s M&E Framework to ensure strong accountability for results across all departments
- Supervise, guide, mentor staff responsible for data collection, quality assurance, analysis, and visualization
- Shepherd and hold final accountability for all periodic internal and external reporting requirements and facilitate a clear process for all responsible contributors to said reports
Training and Development:
- Identify capacity gaps within the IJM Cambodia team and ensure those gaps are closed rapidly through training and development;
- Develop and implement programming to improve performance/responsiveness of national level justice system and officials;
- Direct creation of new materials, modules and tools to train partners on casework, data, and policies and procedures, ensuring partners receive the needed training in a timely manner;
- Ensure all IJM Cambodia trainings (including those trainings initiated and led by other Departments) are coordinated and administered according to the FO’s annual plans and priorities.
Education & Experience
- At least ten years’ field experience leading high-level policy advocacy; program design, M&E, data management; and/or casework interventions alongside government and non-government partners including international, national, and community organizations;
- At least five years’ experience in leading teams of mid to senior level professionals in the field of international development, human rights, and/or humanitarian assistance. Leadership experience in cross-cultural settings preferred;
- Graduate degree in social work, law, economics, human rights, international development or closely related field.
- Skills in partner capacity building and management;
- Skills in national and sub-national policy development and advocacy
- Team leadership skills
- Strategy Development, Implementation, M&E skills -- Proficiency in project data management – familiarity with case management and tracking systems and databases;
- Knowledge of international trafficking instruments and understanding of labor trafficking laws and their practical application;
- Knowledge of social work concepts and principles for community-based aftercare;
- Skilled in English speaking, reading and writing, and fluency in Khmer.
- Proven collaborator, network-builder and trusted partner;
- Collaborative leadership style that seeks input and builds unity;
- Courageous and bold approach to strategy, tactics and programming;
- Persistence and determination to deliver sustainable impact;
- Pastoral approach to people management.
By E-mail (preferred method):
- Deadline: Open until position is filled.
- Only completed applications will be reviewed. A completed application includes:
- Job Application Form, Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith
- Download Application Form: here OR view this IJM Vacancy
- A completed application can be submitted to cambodiarecruiting@IJM.org
*Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview within two to four weeks.
What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.