Who We Are
International Justice Mission (IJM) is the global leader in protecting vulnerable people from violence around the world. Our team of over 1,200 professionals are at work worldwide in over 30 offices. Together we are on a mission to rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice unstoppable.
We are a global community that cares for one another. We believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We provide professional excellence with joy and celebration to all those we serve.
For 25 years, IJM has pioneered the work to protect vulnerable people from violence. As we grow to expand our impact to protect 500 million people from violence by 2030, we are seeking a Director of Strategic Partnerships, Singapore to scale revenue and partnerships in Southeast Asia to fuel our global mission and ensure we achieve our 2030 Vision.
This position is based in Singapore and reports to the Regional President, Asia Pacific.
Strategy & Program Management
- Reach IJM Singapore’s 1-year, 3-year and 2030 revenue objectives by using market and data analysis to develop strategic plans targeting specific revenue streams, building a strong operations system to support revenue generation, and incorporating IJM into the Singapore philanthropic community;
- Develop 1-year, 3-year and 2030 strategic plans, workplans and budgets to ensure scaled revenue generation, a donor relationship pipeline experience, activation of key agents of change, and the development of IJM champions within Singapore’s major donor, corporate and government communities.
- Build and improve the optimal policies, processes, systems, rhythms, and products that ensure strong foundations that effectively empower donor acquisition, retention, and growth in Southeast Asia;
- As appropriate to legal regulations and scale of the work, work with vendors and maintain appropriate digital mechanisms to enhance and scale donor acquisition, data processing, communication, and event management, including the IJM Singapore website, giving platform, and constituent relationship management system;
- Work closely with the Regional President and key regional functions stakeholders to ensure IJM Singapore is in compliance with applicable laws, policy and standards as mandated by the Singapore government and IJM Global;
- Keep up to date with and implement IJM Global and other IJM Advancement Office’s promising and best practice, policies, procedures and standards.
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with a significant number of strategic donors, including individuals, giving circles, family offices, corporations and philanthropic agencies; create a strategic pipeline of engagement tailored to each donor’s interest in IJM; present formal proposals for financial and activation-related partnership; and secure agreements for funding and partnership. Donors will be based throughout Singapore, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia and the Middle East;
- Develop and deliver excellent products, campaigns, digital and in-person events, reports and resources for donor partners;
- Plan and execute donor and partner experiences with IJM’s field work - through digital or in person visits - in close collaboration with IJM’s program teams;
- Increase partnerships and mobilization for IJM’s work, as able;
- Represent IJM publicly through effective public speaking.
People Management & Collaboration
- Manage IJM Singapore staff according to IJM’s performance management system, processes and values;
- Lead the IJM Singapore staff and volunteers in staff care; live out IJM values and cultivate IJM’s culture of joy, hope, integrity, collaboration, innovation and disciplined execution;
- Collaborate effectively with vendors and other IJM staff/departments to meet IJM Singapore’s objectives, including working with IJM Global Brand & Communications, APAC Regional Advancement Shared Support staff, and APAC Regional Functions Team.
Documentation, Reporting & Data Management
- Develop and maintain reporting rhythms to the APAC Regional President, including quarterly performance metrics/KPI reporting and accurate CRM data;
- Track and report on return on investment (ROI) for events, campaigns, by revenue stream, and staff position through use of donor acquisition, revenue generation, partnership development and other metrics;
- Research, identify and prioritize opportunities; develop prospect donor strategy; and maintain an interactive donor prospect list.
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in Business, Non-profit Management, Marketing/Communications, Asian Studies, or other relevant area of study; or equivalent combination of bachelor’s degree and relevant work experience.
- At least 10 years of experience working in a combination of fundraising, business development, organizational process development, program management, sales, and/or marketing and communications.
- At least 3 years of experience in managing a team responsible for reaching ambitious targets.
- Proven strategic thinker with experience in strategic marketing, brand-building, partnership development or business development strongly preferred.
- Experience building and driving to success collaborative, multi-stakeholder, impact-based initiatives, especially for revenue generation.
- Capacity to manage large number of projects, relationships and tasks simultaneously.
- Competence to develop and strengthen interpersonal relationships with external and internal stakeholders, and diverse and global teams.
- Exceptional ability in written and oral communications, including public speaking.
- Self-starter with strong initiative
- Strategic thinking
- Creative problem solving
- Team building
- Self-awareness and advanced interpersonal skills
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and a commitment to celebrate diversity and inclusion
- Personally accountable and highly ethical
- Superior attention to detail grounded in big picture thinking
Please submit Resume/CV and Cover Letter in one document to email@example.com not later than 30 September 2023.
Remarks: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IJM holds strict safeguarding principles and a zero tolerance to violations of the Safeguarding Policy, Protection against Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment Policy and Code of Conduct. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasis to assessing the candidates value congruence and thorough background, police clearance and reference check processes.