Who We Are
IJM is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 countries. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
IJM is seeking a Director, Prosecution & Aftercare to lead a multi-disciplinary team of prosecution and aftercare subject matter experts serving IJM’s OSEC programs in IJM’s Center to End Online Sexual Exploitation of Children (the “Center”), with the objective of exposing, neutralizing, and deterring online sexual exploitation of children (OSEC) globally. This role is expected to contribute significantly to the Center’s objectives of (1) strengthening an effective global network of accountability (law enforcement and prosecution), (2) supporting effective justice system responses from source and demand-side countries, and (3) improving detection and reporting by technology and financial sectors.
The ideal candidate is a leader, manager, and subject matter expert who brings significant experience leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams combating OSEC through prosecution and aftercare, including supporting frontline worker development and capacity building, and strengthening systems in the prosecution, judicial, and/or aftercare pillars. The ideal candidate has experience creating clear and persuasive professional products responsive to the audience, topic, and objectives. This position leverages existing research, including through the use of IJM collaborative casework, training, and system reform data. The candidate will help the Center become a leader in scaling effective child-protective and trauma-informed prosecution practices through showcasing our accompaniment model, consulting, activation, and educational products and services. This will help establish IJM as a world leader in developing and scaling models and products to help drive an effective criminal justice system response to violent crimes committed against people in poverty, especially OSEC.
This position reports to the Center Director, Global OSEC Hub, Asia Pacific Region, and is based in Manila or Cebu with occasional travel within the Philippines and internationally.
This position is open to Filipino Nationals.
Leadership and Management:
- Successfully lead the Center Prosecution and Aftercare team to achieve all relevant Center targets, goals, and results
- Provide visionary and empowering leadership to the Center Prosecution and Aftercare SMEs, facilitating excellence in professionalism, innovation, and a results-oriented approach to scale Prosecution and Aftercare models
- Provide leadership, management of, and influence—in line with IJM’s Theory of Change—to the Center Prosecution and Aftercare team to successfully and collaboratively implement Center strategies, overcome obstacles, and develop solutions
- Clearly and persuasively communicate in external engagements, prosecution expert consultations, partnership meetings, and in written products with Center partners and stakeholders to influence their response to OSEC in line with IJM’s Theory of Change and Center goals
- Conduct government and NGO meetings (in person or online) with professionalism, deepening IJM’s credibility and trust in IJM, gathering necessary information to make strategic decisions about Center partnerships and programs
- Prepare or contribute to well-organized and persuasive written products for sharing with key stakeholders, including industry, government, and NGO audiences
Strategy & Knowledge Development & Implementation:
- In collaboration with SMEs and assessment staff, support expansion assessments related to prosecution and aftercare projects for the Center Director’s evaluation
- In collaboration with the Center Director and internal stakeholders, create a global roadmap for scaling OSEC prosecution and aftercare solutions
- Collaborate with Center SMEs and training coordinator, IJM Philippines National Office and Field Offices to package our OSEC collaborative casework, training, and system reform models into strategic scalable products, including training manuals and other user-friendly curricula (i.e. online, mobile, accessible), for NGO and government prosecution and aftercare partners to scale child-protective and trauma-informed prosecution and aftercare practices
Networking & Partnership:
- Network and partner with IJM subject matter experts within the Center, OSEC Hub, IJM Philippines, and other regions to stay updated on promising and effective prosecution practices, especially child-protective and trauma-informed and government implemented
- Support and oversee SMEs in strategic collaborations and partnerships with key prosecution and aftercare stakeholders to influence sustainable government adoption of effective prosecution and aftercare practices within domestic justice systems
- Network and influence INGOs and key global stakeholders, such as the UN, International Association of Prosecutors, and others, in line with IJM’s Theory of Change and Center activation goals
Research, Program Management and M&E:
- Oversee the collaborative development of multi-disciplinary expansion assessments by Center SMEs and publishing, where appropriate, of assessment reports
- Oversee the development of necessary processes, templates, and best practices for assessing government prosecution and aftercare systems and agency capacity to handle OSEC prosecutions and aftercare using trauma-informed, child-protective practices, publishing IJM models, research and approaches when appropriate, in collaboration with Center and Hub leadership
- Collaborate with the Program Manager in developing, updating, and monitoring of prosecution and aftercare targets and KPIs, and in creative ways to share those M&E results externally to bolster confidence in and adoption of IJM’s Theory of Change
Training and Development:
- Work closely with SMEs and Center leaders in consulting on the development of written and presentation content to support trainings of partners, including for IJM-led or Partner-led field programs
- With support from the training coordinator, oversee development and implementation of online or in-person trainings contextualized to support public prosecutors, prosecution officials, aftercare partners and aftercare officials
Policies and Procedures:
- Oversee development of necessary policies, best practices, and policies concerning Center prosecution and aftercare expert consulting, expansion assessments, and other programs in collaboration with Center SMEs and the Center Director.
- Incorporate all IJM Global and OSEC Hub communications and written branding and messaging policies, and recommend improvements to same based on Center experiences
- Support M&E tracking and reporting in collaboration with the Program Manager
- Consult with Comms Content Writer and SMEs in development of written products (Op-Eds) and for media engagements related to Center prosecution and aftercare thought leadership goals and messaging
- University degree in Law, Social Work, Psychology, International Development, Public Policy, Economics, Criminal Justice, or another related field
- At least six years of experience leading teams combating OSEC
- Experience with IJM OSEC prosecution strategies and OSEC aftercare models, including strengthening justice systems, required
- Proven written substantive and published writing experience, with persuasive writing experience preferred
- Proven oral presentation skills and experience
- Experience working effectively cross-culturally and across multiple time zones strongly preferred
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate with multi-disciplinary program teams to achieve goals and activities
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English, including the ability to make complex technical concepts easy to understand for non-technical audiences
- Strong computer skills, including high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of OSEC issues, anti-OSEC programming, NGO and government engagement in Southeast Asian countries preferred.
- Strategic thinking and analysis
- Facilitation and collaboration
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed
- Strong service ethic and passion to help people suffering injustice
- Organized, detail-oriented, and disciplined with priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong emotional intelligence
- Patient, flexible, and persistent
- Unfailing integrity and honesty
- Effective team player and leader
- Works well under stress and minimal supervision
- Punctual, manages time and resources effectively
- Professional, diplomatic, and mature in judgment and demeanor
- Able to work effectively and appropriately in a cross-cultural setting, and
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Send Job Application (Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith*) to: email@example.com
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.