Who We Are
International Justice Mission (IJM) is the global leader in protecting people living in poverty in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 countries. Together, we are catalyzing a global movement that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for people living in poverty unstoppable.
Motivated by our call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
IJM is seeking a highly organized and driven individual with cross-cultural experience to use his/her project management skills to assist the Field Presence Director, Colombia (FPD) and IJM’s Regional Latin America team in establishing and managing IJM’s new project in Colombia. The project will assess the prevalence and nature of violence affecting vulnerable communities in the Catatumbo region of Colombia, in particular the municipality of Tibú. Through the project IJM will evaluate the opportunities for the Colombian public justice system and civil society to address violent crimes; and discover opportunities for a program that improves citizen security and reduces the impunity of violence. The Field Project Manager (FPM) will have the opportunity to help IJM build the foundation for how IJM conducts work in Colombia, and will provide program strategy, implementation guidance and operational oversight.
This position is open to qualified Colombian nationals and will be based in either Cucuta or Bogota, Colombia. The position will require frequent travel between Bogota, Cucuta, Tibu, and other parts of Colombia, as well as possible travel to the United States. The FPM will report to the IJM Field Presence Director, Colombia. The term for this position will be immediate through October 31, 2021.
- In collaboration with the FPD Regional Latin America team, develop a strategic work plan for the first year.
- Define roles, responsibilities and milestones for project implementation and the design of a future citizen’s security and rule of law program in Colombia.
- Develop strategy and system for stakeholder engagement.
- Develop system for in-country and regional team information and data management/
- Draft quarterly progress reports for the review and approval of the FPD.
Budget and Grant Management
- In collaboration with the Senior Lead for Grants and Partnerships, Latin America and the Financial Planning and Analyst, Latin America, monitor grant spending and the field presence budget.
- Provide monthly analysis to the FPD and Senior Strategy Lead, Latin America on spending patterns and budget variances;
- Work with the Senior Lead for Grants and Partnerships, Latin America to ensure compliance with grantor’s rules and regulations throughout the duration of the grant.
- Collaborate with Senior Strategy Lead, Latin America on annual budgeting process and guide field office through the budgeting process.
Launch IJM’s Field Presence
- Work with the FPD to recruit a multi-disciplinary team of result-oriented professionals and support the onboarding of new staff to IJM Colombia.
- Support the FPD in securing office space, setting up efficient workflows and positive work environment.
- Support the FPD to liaise with local legal and accounting firms to register/incorporate IJM in Colombia and ensure legal representation.
- Support the FPD to ensure IJM’s compliance with financial, accounting and tax regulations.
- Train, equip and resource Colombia team staff with the IJM policies, procedures and best practices.
- Liaise with IJM HQ departments (finance, human resources, Regional Latin America team) to ensure compliance with organizational policies and priorities.
Communication & Organizational Learning
- Represent IJM global priorities and objectives in Colombia at in-country meetings with stakeholders.
- Provide consistent communication and updates for use by IJM Global Advancement.
- Act as the in-country liaison between the departments at IJM HQ and the field offices in the region, ensuring smooth coordination, information flow, and processing of the requests of each.
- Capture best practices and lessons learned for future office establishment and field presence projects.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in International Development or related field preferred.
- Minimum of three years of successful project and budget management experience.
- Knowledge of standards relating to design, planning, monitoring/measurement and program evaluation preferred.
- Knowledge of grant program and budget management preferred.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Prior experience working in Latin America.
- Proven ability to work in cross-cultural contexts.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Fully fluent in Spanish; fluent in English.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Rigorously result-oriented.
- Effective as a team player.
- Self-starter with strong initiative.
- Proactive, creative problem-solver.
- Flexible and productive under pressure.
- This position requires full-time residence in Cucuta or Bogota with frequent travel between Cucuta, Bogota, Tibu and/or other parts of the Catatumbo region, as well as occasional travel across Latin America and to the United States. Periodic extended stays in Bogota, Cucuta and Tibu are to be expected.
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and Resume/CV to Liza Ordonez at firstname.lastname@example.org