Who We Are
International Justice Mission (IJM) is the global leader in protecting vulnerable people from violence around the world. Our team of over 1,200 professionals are at work in 33 offices around the world. Together, we are catalyzing a global movement that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
After almost 25 years of continued growth and operational success in pioneering the work of protecting those who are experiencing poverty from violence, IJM has become a $100+ million organization. As IJM continues this trajectory of growth and scaling of its impact, with the Vision to protect 500 million people by the year 2030, IJM is seeking a Finance and Administrative professional to establish and manage financial and administrative activities for IJM’s Hong Kong office.
This position (full-time/part-time) is based in Hong Kong and reports to Advancement Office Director.
Documentation, Reporting & Data Management
- Review staff reimbursement and payment requests for accuracy and completeness and process payments.
- Properly recognize and record revenue/donations; follow donor requirements for acknowledging receipt as required; reconcile financial records with donor management system records.
- Prepare journal entries for other financial transactions.
- Prepare month-end reconciliations and financial reports for management.
- Liaise with outside consultant to ensure annual compliance with statutory requirements (i.e. preparation and filing of annual return) Maintain and safeguard all finance files and records as well as leases, contracts, assets, inventory, and deposits.
Training and Development
- Help conduct training/refresher trainings as needed on finance policies and procedures for staff as well as refresher trainings as needed.
- Encourage good financial stewardship and cost effectiveness among staff.
Policies and Procedures
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of the office’s finance manual and other global policies.
- Contribute to the process of updating office finance policies, procedures, and best practices (including internal controls) in keeping with IJM Global and local government standards.
- Collaborate with the Asia Pacific Regional Finance Planner & Analyst to produce monthly and quarterly forecasts and assessments of cash flow and performance against budget.
Resource Management, Knowledge Development & Implementation
- Manage office procurement and inventory of equipment, computers, office supplies and other assets, including proper maintenance and repairs.
- Manage office and related compliance, including preparation and submission of reports as required by the Hong Kong government.
- Facilitate review and/or renewal of office unit lease and insurance
- Work with the IJM global technology services team to ensure the office network system is secure and well-functioning, including coordination with IJM’s Regional IT Specialist and/or external contractors in providing effective IT support services to staff
Management, Networking & Partnership
- Manage all general office administrative operations, procedures, regular meetings and policies to ensure smooth and professional functioning of the office environment and activities.
- Collaborate with local bank and IJM Global Treasury in managing bank balances and cash needs.
- Coordinate the hosting of official office visitors, any travel of IJM Hong Kong staff and donors to other IJM offices, and the logistics support of IJM Hong Kong hosted local events.
- Identify and manage relationships with applicable partners, supporters, and external vendors according to IJM policies in all areas of responsibility.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Progressive professional experience in finance, accounting and bookkeeping and office administration of at least 5 years
- Experience working with international organizations or fundraising offices preferred.
- Effective communication that facilitates positive workplace relationships
- Proven track record in budget management
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills in English and Cantonese. Mandarin a plus.
- Proficiency in accounting software such as QuickBooks; Workday experience a plus, and Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Resilient and works well under stress with a sustained positive attitude
- Proven ability to lead and communicate cross-culturally to achieve significant outcomes and impact
- Fast learner, able to create systems to manage and report on information; and
- Ability to mitigate conflict or disagreement in a professional manner.
- Self-starter with strong initiative, creative problem solving and detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task and disciplined with priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Flexible, collaborative and eager to support others
- Effective team player who fosters collaborative environment; and
- Adept at creative problem solving.
How to apply: Interested applicants, please send your Cover Letter and CV/Resume in English to email@example.com
Remarks: Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.