Who We Are
International Justice Mission (IJM) is the global leader in protecting people living in poverty in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 countries. Together, we are catalyzing a global movement that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for people living in poverty unstoppable.
Motivated by our call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
IJM is seeking a highly organized and driven individual with cross-cultural experience to use his/her financial planning, analyzing and execution, and program implementation experiences to assist the Field Presence Director, Colombia (FPD) and IJM’s Latin America Regional team in planning and managing IJM’s new project in Colombia. The project is currently in its assessment phase, assessing the prevalence and nature of violence affecting vulnerable communities in the Catatumbo region of Colombia, in particular the municipality of Tibú. Through the project IJM will evaluate the opportunities for the Colombian public justice system and civil society to address violent crimes; and discover opportunities for a program that improves citizen security and reduces the impunity of violence. The Analyst, Finance and Program will have the opportunity to help IJM build the foundation for how IJM conducts work in Colombia, and will provide program strategy, implementation guidance and operational oversight.
This position is open to qualified Colombian nationals and will be based in Bogota, Colombia. The position will require frequent travel between Bogota, Cucuta, and other parts of Colombia, as well as possible travel to the United States. The FPA will report to the IJM Field Presence Director, Colombia. The term for this position will be immediate through October 31, 2021.
Budget and Grant Management
- Monitor grant spending and the field presence budget, in collaboration with the Regional Senior Lead, Grants and Business Development, LATAM (Regional Grants Lead), the Analyst, Financial Planning, LATAM (FPA), and the Finance and Administration Director of IJM Colombia;
- Provide monthly analysis to the FPD and FPA on spending patterns and budget variances;
- Work with the Regional Grants Lead to ensure compliance with grantor’s rules and regulations throughout the duration of the grant;
- Collaborate with the Regional Officer, Strategy & Portfolio, LATAM, the FPA, and Finance and Administration Director on annual budgeting process and guide the field presence (FP) team through the budgeting process;
- Work in collaboration with the Finance and Administration Director and the FP technical team to develop program and financial forecasts, and report monthly on their development.
- In collaboration with the FPD and FP technical team, develop programmatic timelines for the completion of all interventions necessary for the success of IJM’s assessment project, including monitoring and evaluation, project activities, and long-term program design;
- Define roles, responsibilities, and milestones for project implementation and the design of a citizen security and rule of law program in Colombia;
- Collaborate and/or facilitate the design of new program interventions that fulfill IJM’s mission in Colombia and comply with donor expectations.
- Develop system for in-country and regional team information and data management;
- Draft quarterly progress reports for the review and approval of the FPD.
Launch IJM’s Field Presence
- Support the FP Administration department to ensure IJM’s compliance with financial, accounting, and tax regulations;
- Support FPD to train, equip and resource Colombia team staff with the IJM policies, procedures, and best practices;
- Liaise with IJM Global and Regional teams (Finance, People Support, LATAM Regional) to ensure compliance with organizational policies and priorities.
Communication & Organizational Learning
- Represent IJM global priorities and objectives in Colombia at in-country meetings with stakeholders;
- Provide consistent communication and updates for use by IJM’s advancement offices;
- Act as the in-country liaison between the departments at IJM Global and the field presence, ensuring smooth coordination, information flow, and processing of the requests;
- Capture best practices and lessons learned for future field office establishment and field presence projects.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in International Development or related field preferred;
- 3-5 years of successful project and budget management experience;
- Knowledge of standards relating to design, planning, monitoring/measurement and program evaluation preferred;
- Knowledge of grant program and budget management;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills;
- Prior experience working in Latin America;
- Proven ability to work in cross-cultural contexts;
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Fully fluent in Spanish; fluent in English;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Rigorously result-oriented;
- Effective as a team player;
- Self-starter with strong initiative;
- Proactive, creative problem-solver;
- Flexible and productive under pressure.
This position requires full-time residence in Bogota with frequent travel between Cucuta, Bogota, and/or other parts of the Catatumbo region, as well as occasional travel across Latin America and to the United States. Periodic extended stays in Cucuta are to be expected.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org