The Finance Coordinator will ensure effective financial operations, strategy and grant accounting for IJM Romania, ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting. The Finance Coordinator will liaise with key internal and external entities, including coordination with IJM’s external accounting firm for regulatory and tax compliance
Roles and Responsibilities
Leadership and Management
- Assist leadership with budget management, projections, major purchases and financial reporting.
- Supervise, oversee and delegate activities as applicable.
- Support the Romania senior leadership team to know Finance department needs.
- Communicate financial and grant information to the Country Director, heads of departments and IJM HQ personnel.
Training and Development
- Conduct trainings for staff members to increase compliance with Finance policies and grant requirements.
- Participate in IJM training and development programs.
General Finance & Compliance
- Ensure the timely completion of monthly accounting entries in Quick Book IJM reporting system. Submit reports including the monthly finance packet to support the month-end close process of IJM.
- Post transactions in Quick Books accurately ensuring the right class of accounts, projects and grants are charged.
- Ensure the supportive documents and files are ready for statutory external audit and other forms of audit by IJM and partners.
- Coordinate with the Global Finance & Accounting Lead at HQ to expeditiously resolve all issues of accounting including findings from internal reviews.
- Act as a single point of contact (SPOC) with IJM’s external accounting firm and coordinate with it to ensure full compliance with regulatory and tax requirements
- Ensure all documents and transactions details are submitted in time, on a monthly basis to the External accounting service provider for local monthly bookkeeping
- Perform monthly review of Romanian Trial Balance to ensure accurate and timely recognition of costs and revenues, in line with Romanian fiscal requirements
- Ensure all tax requirements on PAYE, WHT annual returns are complied with.
- File corporate taxation returns as well as NSSF returns and documents in cooperation with the relevant local authority and follow up on all pending returns if any.
- Liaise with external accounting service provider, to ensure salaries and benefits are properly calculated and booked on a monthly basis, in line with Romanian legislation.
Budgeting and planning (Grant & Non-Grant)
- Ensure all -expenditures (Grant and non-grant) are properly charged and adequately supported in accordance with donor regulations and best practice;
- Review and analyze the monthly BvA reports for Grant and Non-Grant expenditure, provide explanation and details on the major variances, while ensuring that the same is regularly shared with program and operations staff as appropriate.
- Regular updates with Regional Specialist FP&A to discuss and review any potential budget deviation or budget reallocation for IJM Romania to ensure effective budget management and resource allocation.
- Provide financial setup and eventual support the Europe HUB regarding all finance related matters (budgeting process, cost allocation, coordination with other IJM Offices or HQ as required) to ensure all finance activities are performed in line with IJM standards, policies and procedures
- Coordinate quarterly and annual forecast process for IJM Romania, to ensure timely submission of the revised forecast in line with IJM internal calendar. Perform data input in the ADAPTIVE Planning tool
- Support grant implementation through expenditure review, analysis and reporting to give clear visibility on budgets and spending for effective management and compliance of the award and donor terms and conditions to prevent financial and reputation risks to IJM.
- Provide Financial support to local, regional or global management for any new grant or donation proposal development
- Monthly and daily operational cash management for IJM Romania including bank payments and petty cash transactions, to ensure funds availability for daily activity.
- Prepare monthly Cash Flow forecast and HQ request for funds in line with IJM Treasury process.
- Manage relationships with banking institutions to ensure adherence to local Regulations
Compliance & Governance
- Ensure adherence to Internal Controls and IJM’s internal policy and procedures in all aspects of the financial management for the field office.
- Maintain comprehensive internal controls on grant and financial management system, sub-grants, and audit requirements.
- Maintain Inventory of Equipment and other fixed assets as per local and global requirements and also the tax records (eg. VAT) for grants to support donor filings and award close-pit processes.
- Create and maintain a local Supplement to the IJM Field Office Finance Manual (FOFM) for the office.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of all financial, privileged, and/or sensitive information.
- The Finance Coordinator reports to the Country Director.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Five or more years of experience in Accounting, Reporting, Finance Planning, or similar position.
- Computer literate with proficiency in MS Excel, Word, Outlook, and preferably QuickBooks.
- Experience in a non-profit organization and supporting teams with grant funding will be an advantage.
- Understanding of the accrual-based accounting, double entry principles, and system based financial management.
- Experience with foreign currency, US GAAP accounting and IT management preferred.
- Knowledge of local laws affecting financial reporting and control requirements.
- Knowledge of grant management and reporting.
- Passionate commitment to IJM’s mission and values including bridge building and professional.
- Servant leader, humble.
- Courageous, ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Attention to detail, organized and disciplined with priorities.
- Professional in demeanor, appearance, writing and oral communication.
- Works well under stress with a sustained positive attitude.
- Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity.
- Intelligent, creative and proactive problem solver.
- Diplomatic and flexible with strong service ethics.
- Ability to contribute outside of the designated areas of responsibility, team player.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities for the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All positions are required to perform any additional tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Please submit a CV or resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with skills and experience.