Who We Are
International Justice Mission (IJM) is the global leader in protecting vulnerable people from violence around the world. Our team of over 1,200 professionals are at work worldwide in over 30 offices. Together we are on a mission to rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice unstoppable.
We are a global community that cares for one another. We believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We provide professional excellence with joy and celebration to all those we serve.
IJM Ghana partners with Ghanaian government agencies to tackle human trafficking by rescuing victims, ensuring perpetrator accountability, restoring survivors to safety and strength, and supporting public justice actors to strengthen systems that protect the vulnerable.
For 25 years, IJM has pioneered the work to protect vulnerable people from violence. As we grow to expand our impact to protect 500 million people from violence by 2030, we are seeking a Grants Accountant who will be responsible for accounting, ensuring completeness of all financial transactions and ensuring compliance with all financial policies. Evaluate financial operations to recommend best practices, identify issues and strategize solutions, and help IJM run efficiently. This position is responsible for ensuring that the Finance Team and Grants Team prepare accurate audits, budget analysis, forecast and payment settlements. Assist IJM’s monthly, quarterly, and annual closings.
This position is based in Accra, Ghana and reports to Director, Finance; occasional travels within Ghana.
- Manage accounting transactions especially for grants to ensure compliance with grant requirements;
- Ensure that spending is in accordance with budget and ensure good stewardship of resources;
- Ensure timely payment is made to all vendors resulting in uninterrupted day-to-day operations;
- Provide transactional support to all finance activities resulting in strong checks and compliance to IJM’s Finance Manual and global policies;
- Tracking monthly/quarterly expenses as they relate to specific projects and jobs, contributing to budget analysis, projection, and expenditure monitoring;
- Assist with submitting monthly finance package and achieving high auditing scores; and
- Help with monthly reports close in Workday.
- Minimum three years hands-on accounting experience, preferably a non-profit organization
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent degree.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial software (Workday) and principles of accounting and bookkeeping;
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office applications preferred but not required;
- Ability to work collaboratively in a Team;
- Excellent Analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills;
- Exhibit high level of professionalism, confidentiality, and discretion; and
- Must have a servant heart to serve others.
- Strong result-orientation;
- Passionate commitment to IJM’s mission and values;
- Mature Christian faith;
- Demonstrate knowledge and a strong commitment to child protection and other the protection of other vulnerable groups;
- Attention to detail, organized and disciplined with priorities;
- Professional in demeanor, appearance, writing and oral communication;
- Works well under stress with a sustained positive attitude;
- Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity;
- Intelligent, creative, and proactive problem solver; and
- Strong value of teamwork and collaboration, particularly within a multidisciplinary framework.
Please submit Resume/CV, Cover Letter, and Statement of Faith* in one document to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of 14th September 2023 with Grants Accountant in the subject line. Your cover letter should address all the requirements outlined in the job description. Kindy note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document which should not more than a page, and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.
What does IJM have to offer?
IJM offers competitive salary within industry standard, as well as other benefits such as medical insurance and a staff care package.
IJM holds strict safeguarding principles and a zero tolerance to violations of the Safeguarding Policy, Protection against Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment Policy and Code of Conduct. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasis to assessing the candidates value congruence and thorough background, police clearance and reference check processes.