Who We Are
IJM is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 countries. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
IJM is seeking for a qualified Head of Investigations and Law Enforcement Development (HILED) who will lead and manage the Investigation and Law Enforcement Development (ILED) team in collaborating with government partners in Luzon on collaborative casework activities and building the capacity of the criminal justice system, particularly Philippine law enforcement units, in effectively investigating and managing cases of Online Sexual Exploitation of Children. He/She will actively engage with the Philippine National Police, the National Bureau of Investigations and relevant inter-agency bodies, task forces and government offices to utilize existing laws, rules of procedures and protocols, drive innovations and reforms that will ensure rescue of victims, perpetrator accountability and child protection in the criminal justice process. The HILED will closely collaborate with the National Investigation and Law Enforcement (NILED) team in system reform initiatives that will lead to improved and sustainable performance and capacity of key law enforcement units. The HILED will ensure employee engagement, staff care, and support the spiritual & professional development of his team members. He/She will also monitor and manage the ILED budget, expenditure, and program activities to ensure program goals are achieved.
Leadership and Management:
- Lead and supervise the Investigations and Law Enforcement and Development (ILED) Team in collaborating with government to provide tangible relief to victims of Online Sexual Exploitation of Children, bring perpetrators to account under the law while advancing the best interest of the child and ensuring that the criminal justice system is capacitated and strengthened to respond and handle Online Sexual Exploitation of Children cases.
- Mentor the ILED staff in all aspects of their work, including strategy development, project/program implementation, and professional development.
- Manage activities of the ILED team, including periodic goal setting, performance review and conflict resolution.
- Monitor program and staff performance, ensure that feedback is regularly provided, and ensure adequate staff care, managed appropriately and regularly provided.
Strategy & Knowledge Development & Implementation:
- Ensure the design, development and implementation of law enforcement development projects and programs in alignment with IJM’s 2030 vision, Theory of Change, and IJM’s global and national strategy.
- Ensure documentation of gaps in the criminal justice system and the formulation of innovative programs and strategies that address major obstacles in law enforcement and investigation of cases of Online Sexual Exploitation of Children.
Networking & Partnership:
- Establish cooperative relationships with local, national, and international public justice professionals, primarily with key law enforcement personnel to advance IJM Philippines’ objectives.
- Lead in regional and local activation activities related to law enforcement development in coordination with and support of the Local Activation Lead.
- Represent IJM’s programs before government organizations, non-governmental organizations, and other stakeholders and audiences in local and international fora.
Policies and Procedures:
- Participate in the development of policies, manuals, and other tools and products based on collaborative casework experience that enhance law enforcement effectiveness in combatting Online Sexual Exploitation of Children.
- Promote IJM’s Theory of Change to internal and external stakeholders in conferences, trainings, media interviews, and other platforms and ensure consistent communication strategy of ILED staff to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure consistent and clear flow of communication to all ILED staff most especially on important issues.
Training and Development:
- Oversee the development, implementation and evaluation of training programs and materials for regional and local law enforcement partners and ILED staff.
- Speak in local and international conferences on effective collaborative casework and system reform models and strategies that address Online Sexual Exploitation of Children to promote IJM’s Theory of Change.
Research, Program Management and M&E:
- Ensure proper monitoring and evaluation of the effectiveness of ILED projects and activities toward the accomplishment of targets and objectives supportive of the IJM Program’s overall goals and in line with IJM’s mission and vision.
- Supervise the execution of collaborative casework activities such that ILED team meets their dashboard targets and at the same time empower law enforcement partners.
- Manage the ILED team in their collaborative casework activities by setting System Reform goals and System Reform mindset in casework, defining level of engagement, and monitoring workload.
- Juris Doctor/Master’s Degree in law, criminal justice or relevant discipline.
- Minimum 5 years experience in supporting criminal investigation with a public law enforcement agency, international human rights agency, public international agency, private investigative or security firm, or military or national security agency.
- Minimum 3 years of leadership and team building experience.
- Experience in prosecuting trafficking in persons cases or online sexual exploitation of children a preference.
- Project and program management and development.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Mentoring and coaching.
- Networking and negotiation skills.
- Organizational and financial management skills.
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed
- Strong service ethic and passion to help people suffering injustice
- Organized, detail-oriented, and disciplined with priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong emotional intelligence
- Patient, flexible, and persistent
- Unfailing integrity and honesty
- Effective team player and leader
- Works well under stress and minimal supervision
- Punctual, manages time and resources effectively
- Professional, diplomatic, and mature in judgment and demeanor
- Able to work effectively and appropriately in a cross-cultural setting, and
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Send Job Application (Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith*) to: email@example.com
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.