Who We Are
IJM is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 countries. Together, we are catalyzing a global movement that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable. Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
IJM is seeking a high-capacity, creative and committed professional Junior Casework Associate to provide the Casework Team with administrative support. This position ensures the smooth functioning and coordination of all activities of the Casework team and provides IJM clients with logistical and administrative support. This position will ensure that the activities of the casework team are documented, implemented, and supported appropriately. The Junior Casework Associate will further assist the Head of Casework support the team and he/she will further assist the Senior Casework Coordinator function.
Roles and Responsibilities
Strategy & Knowledge Development & Implementation:
- Working with other departments, coordination on internal and external events to sell IJM’s Theory of Change;
- Assist and participate in advocacy efforts/strategies to ensure the rights of TIP survivors are accorded necessary legal protections;
- Participate in all survivor related forums, activities and interactions that will lead to an in depth understanding of client experiences.
Networking & Partnership:
- Network with court officials where IJM has ongoing cases to support quick action on IJM requests for documents such as judgments, orders, court dates and filing applications;
- Develop and maintain a database of all relevant court contacts.
Policies and Procedures:
- Assist and support development of casework policies and procedures and share ideas with the team;
- Maintain and observe all IJM casework and none casework related policies.
Training and Development:
- Assist and participate in training of partners and stakeholders on the importance of mainstreaming survivor rights in the justice seeking processes;
- Assist Casework Team prepare training material for external/internal trainings;
- Participate in IJM sponsored trainings for self-development.
Research, Program Management and M&E:
- Ensure the CTMS dashboard is accurate and upto date;
- Assist in tracking and monitoring of casework sub-outcomes and indicators including proactive follow up with relevant personnel;
- Conduct research as requested by supervisor.
- Attend to clients including communicating with them on court dates or other needs. Coordination with partnership team and partner organizations for client meetings, IVJ, and trials;
- Translating/interpreting Khmer-English for Legal (L) documents and others;
- Help and maintain daily administrative tasks for legal including physical case file management;
- Writing reports/minutes after casework meetings, initial client meetings, IVJ preparation, trial reports and debriefs;
- Accompanying DCW or other casework staff as directed by DCW for meetings including client meetings. Taking notes of the said meetings;
- Attending court to obtain lawyer’s documents and meet with judges/clerks to collect the court documents;
- Follow up with courts to track trial and appeal dates, and notify LD and AD of these dates;
- Serve as administrative assistant to the DCW and the team.
Documentation, Reporting & Data Management:
- Upload reports and documents into CTMS and help casework team make sure all information is accurate;
- Document for learning purposes the content of meetings and discussions with partners and stakeholders;
- Updating Casework Spreadsheets including Casework Trackers (referrals/existing cases) as requested by Sr Casework Coordinator and Head of Casework;
- Assist in the development of data collection tools for casework based on experience and learning;
- Compiling monthly and quarterly casework reports including follow up with assigned staff.
- Carry out other additional assignments given by the supervisor/supervisor’s delegate.
- This position requires travel within Phnom Penh and its environs during working hours and less frequent travel to other parts of Cambodia.
- This position reports to the Head of Casework with a dotted reporting line to Senior Casework Coordinator. No position reports to the Junior Casework Associate.
Education & Experience:
- University degree in relevant field such as social work, law or related field;
- At least three years’ experience in legal and social work or project coordination;
- Experience providing administrative/logistical support to multi-disciplinary teams.
- Fluency in Khmer and English required;
- Strong listening, verbal, and written communication in Khmer and English;
- A clear criminal record.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office and cloud-based databases and case management systems;
- Self-driven and efficient; Ability to achieve goals and work effectively and appropriately in a cross-cultural and multi-disciplinary team;
- Attention to details and disciplined with priorities;
- Patient, tactful work well under pressure and stress;
- Personable; sustainable positive attitude;
- Proactive professional, self-driven and regularly takes initiative;
- Relational and friendly, able to make constructive connections quickly;
- Committed to IJM’s culture of Christian spiritual formation;
- Passionate about IJM’s mission in Cambodia, the region, and globally.
By E-mail (preferred method):
- Deadline: Open until the position is filled.
- Only completed applications will be reviewed. A completed application includes:
- Job Application Form, Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith
- Download Application Form: here OR view this IJM Vacancy
- A completed application can be submitted to cambodiarecruiting@IJM.org
*Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview within two to four weeks.
What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.