Who We Are
International Justice Mission (IJM) is the global leader in protecting vulnerable people from violence around the world. Our global team of over 1,200 professionals are at work in 33 offices. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
After almost 25 years of continued growth and operational success in pioneering the work of protecting those who are experiencing poverty from violence, IJM has become a $100+ million organization. As IJM continues this trajectory of growth and scaling of its impact, with the Vision to protect 500 million people by the year 2030, IJM’s Indonesia Field Office is seeking a Lead, Finance.
This position is based at IJM’s Indonesia Field Office in Jakarta and reports to the Field Office Director, Indonesia.
Leadership and Management
- Encourage good stewardship and cost effectiveness among all staff at all times.
- Participate in the financial planning for the Field Office and ensure proper accountability for the approved budget; advise on implications of financial decisions.
- Function as primary contact for in-country grant-related issues.
- Provide continuous financial reviews, provide consultancy on office policy and maintain internal control systems to monitor performance, safeguard the financial assets of the organization and ensure IJM passes independent and governmental audits.
- Ensure the field office has sufficient funds for program activities according to its approved budget and work plan by managing cash forecasts and submitting timely fund requests with Global Treasury.
Networking & Partnership
- Maintain close relationship with subgrantees and plan site visits as required by subgrant agreements.
- Manage banking relationship in collaboration with Global Treasury, and act as liaison officer with other external parties on all finance matters.
- Collaborate with Global Compliance and Global Finance to strengthen internal controls
Policies and Procedures
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of the IJM Field Office Finance Manual and other global policies.
- Develop and regularly update country-specific supplement to Field Office Finance Manual.
- Continuously update field office finance policies, procedures, and best practices (including internal controls) in keeping with changes in IJM Global or Indonesia government standards.
- Maintain regular communication with and respond to inquiries from Global Finance, Global Compliance, and other IJM Finance Managers.
- Ensure effective communication and enforcement of finance policies and procedures to all FO staff by conducting trainings, issuing regular reminders/clarifications, etc.
Training and Development
- Conduct training on finance policies and procedures for new staff as well as refresher trainings as needed.
Documentation, Reporting & Data Management
- Review Finance forms and update QuickBooks with financial transactions on a timely basis.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of financial reports to IJM Global, the Indonesian government, and other funding agencies on a timely basis.
- Maintain leases and contracts; manage security or other deposits; provide copies to IJM Global.
- Review asset inventory and reconcile to Global asset inventory on an annual basis.
- Maintain and safeguard thorough, orderly finance files and records, ensuring they are ready for statutory external audit and other forms of audit by IJM and partners.
General Accounting & Statutory Compliance
- Review all payment requests, expense reports, and cash advances for proper authorization, support, and allocations, and process payments.
- Reconcile accounts and close books on a monthly basis.
- Ensure financial compliance of donor funds including the training and monitoring of subgrants.
- As required, organize annual audit with an external auditor and follow through on audit exceptions, if any.
- Perform internal review procedures on a need basis, including conducting surprise cash count on petty cash or physical inventory on assets.
- Participate in the investigation of fraud cases.
- Maintain petty cash fund and log.
- Calculate and administer employee salary and benefits payments, including deductions and withholding, in accordance with employment agreements; ensure timely, accurate payments and reporting to appropriate agencies.
- Prepare journal entries for other financial transactions.
- Travel from time to time for meetings, trainings or conferences.
- Participate in recruitment and supervision of Finance staff as needed,
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Certified accountant status preferred; Bachelor or Master degree in relevant field i.e. finance/accounts OR degree/diploma from CPA/LCCI/ACCA will be considered as an alternative.
- Minimum five years of accounting/financial management experience with the day-to-day financial operations of an organization.
- Experience managing grants and other restricted awards, including overseeing sub-grantees.
- Experience working with international organizations, preferably non-profits, particularly those based in the US or Europe.
- Experience creating budgets, keeping program expenditures in line with revenues and strategic focus, and setting and following financial policies and procedures.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Indonesian required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and accounting software such as QuickBooks; ERP experience is a plus.
- Effective communication that enhances productivity and facilitates positive workplace relationships.
- Resilient and works well under stress with a sustained positive attitude;
- Proven ability to lead cross-culturally to achieve significant outcomes and impact;
- Strong leadership, management and coaching ability with high level of emotional intelligence; and
- Ability to mitigate conflict or disagreement in a professional manner.
- Self-starter with strong initiative;
- Disciplined with priorities;
- Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication;
- Flexible, collaborative and eager to support others;
- Effective team player who fosters collaborative environment; and
- Adept at creative problem solving.
Interested applicants, please send your Cover Letter and CV/Resume in English to email@example.com not later than 30 April 2022.
Remarks: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.