Who We Are
International Justice Mission (IJM) is the global leader in protecting vulnerable people from violence around the world. Our team of over 1,200 professionals are at work worldwide in over 30 offices. Together we are on a mission to rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice unstoppable.
We are a global community that cares for one another. We believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We provide professional excellence with joy and celebration to all those we serve.
For 25 years, IJM has pioneered the work to protect vulnerable people from violence. As we grow to expand our impact to protect 500 million people from violence by 2030, we are seeking a Lead, Human Resources, Philippines to provide HR strategic and operational support to IJM Philippines to advance the organisation objectives and mission.
This position is based in Manila, Philippines and reports to the Head of Human Resources, Philippines.
Policies and Procedures
- Support the HR team in developing, updating and ensuring the HR policies and procedures meets the minimum requirements of DOLE and is aligned with IJM’s regional and global standards;
- Monitors HR team email inbox and provides replies and solutions according to agreed SLAs. This includes maintaining and continuously reviewing HR processes and information materials for resolving enquiries via email, and in person;
- Proposes streamlining of other HR policies and procedures;
- Keeps up to date with policies and procedures relating to employment and other human resources issues.
Training and Development
- Engages with people managers and supports the Head of HR in learning/training needs analysis including identification of individual development plans;
- Conducts regular employee pulse checks and recommendations around learning & development.
Documentation, Reporting & Data Management
- Guides employees on their HRIS experience (Workday); become the specialist for HRIS and provide support to users to optimize the utilization of the system;
- Update and optimize Workday modules to become the primary HR data source and basis for HR decisions;
- Ensures accurate and up-to-date employee records (201 files) are archived (contracts, notices of promotions/salary adjustments, etc.);
- Time and absence management – maintains and updates employee records on time reporting and absences.
Events and Logistics
- Plans and oversees the office daily and quarterly retreats;
- Supports staff care programs implementation.
General Accounting & Statutory Compliance
- Serves as a reliever to payroll administrator. Will be required to process payroll from end-to-end on specific pay period;
- Validates monthly income taxes withheld, remittances and loan repayments;
- Liaises with external benefits providers and vendors, which may include health, disability, and life insurance plan providers (Intellicare, CompSych, SSS, WISP, EC, Philhealth, Pag-Ibig Fund, life insurance, etc);
- Replies to audit inquiries/requirements in collaboration with Finance and program teams.
- Supports interns, fellows, and international staff concerning issues on housing, utilities, facilitating visa applications, tax compliance, immigration requirements, etc;
- Organizes and takes part in end-to-end recruitment process;
- Ensures compliance with employment and data protection related legal requirements;
- Provides/participate in job-shadowing with another HR colleague as assigned by the Head;
- Participates in succession planning, employee costing, and HR budget planning;
- Supports onboarding and offboarding processes;
- Serves as subject matter expert on interns, fellows, consultants, and contractors issues.
Education & Experience
- Required bachelor’s degree in human resources management, business administration, or any related discipline
- Certification in Industrial Relations and Human Resources Management
- Data protection certification is a plus
- At least 5 years of experience in HR Management
- Proven working experience using any HRIS, including ATS (e.g., Workday, Oracle, Sprout, JeonSoft, iAdmin etc.)
- Committed to maintaining a safe, healthy, and productive work environment
- Working knowledge of Philippines labor law, statutory systems, DOLE advisories, regulations, and requirements
- Knowledge of HR best practices and membership to any reputable HR associations
- Working knowledge on MS Office effectively
- Excellent Communications Skills; both written and verbal communication
- Proven commitment to continuous learning and development
- Proven commitment to maintaining strict confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Active listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Planning and implementing skills
- People oriented and results driven
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- Interpersonal Skills
- Team Player
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
Please submit Resume/CV and Cover Letter in one document to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 15 September 2023.
Remarks: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IJM holds strict safeguarding principles and a zero tolerance to violations of the Safeguarding Policy, Protection against Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment Policy and Code of Conduct. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasis to assessing the candidates value congruence and thorough background, police clearance and reference check processes.