Who We Are
IJM is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,200 professionals are at work in over 30 countries. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
IJM is seeking for a qualified Monitoring and Evaluation Lead who will be part of the OSEC Hub M&E team, working and collaborating with various teams within the OSEC Global Program to design, develop and implement a robust M&E framework for the OSEC Global Program. This role will serve as the main POC for data matters related to program monitoring and evaluation of IJM’s work in the areas covered by the Manila Field Office in Luzon, Philippines. This role will bear the responsibility of ensuring that acquired data are relevant, accurate, timely and pass qualitative and quantitative standards to provide helpful analysis on trends, successes, and gaps in the program.
This position is based at Manila, Philippines, and reports to the Director of Monitoring & Evaluation with a dotted line reporting to the Manila Field Office Director.
Research, Program Management and M&E
- Review Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) design and program logic on ending Online Sexual Exploitation of Children in the Philippines relevant to PJS performance, partnership and advocacy.
- Assess the data collection tools and information needs and co-develop products that would address these needs in line with IJM Philippines’ M&E framework.
- Work with the Director of M&E and the Justice System Monitoring and Technology Lead (JSMTS) in designing tools to represent data (qualitative and quantitative), based on data visualization needs and standards defined by IJM.
- Collaborate with FO Leadership and personnel in data collection, target accomplishment, impact and trends analysis utilizing the developed M&E tools.
- Identify opportunities to develop information products based on IJM leadership and government partners’ needs for purposes of performance tracking and advocacy using data.
- Work with the JSMTS in providing solutions in information conceptualization and visualization.
- Provide support on analytical interpretation data for purposes of detailed documentation, reporting, learning and groundwork for programmatic action.
Documentation, Reporting & Data Management
- Work with the Director of M&E & the JSMTS in integrating data from different sources, designing and implementing ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) processes to eliminate as much as possible, human intervention in routine information processing.
- Facilitate the collection and organization of relevant information required for preparation of interactive reports and briefings for the FO.
- Work with the Director of M&E & JSMTS in integrating and systematizing field data from monitoring processes as well as evaluation studies.
- Prepare periodic data and reports regarding program/FO grants status.
FO-Specific Grants Management
- In collaboration with the OSEC Hub, the IJM Philippines National Leadership, National Grants Manager and FO program leads, assist in the development of detailed implementation plans, monitoring frameworks, and tools and systems to ensure optimal data capture, analysis and reporting for FO specific grants;
- Facilitate the accomplishment of data requests from grant-specific donors in relation to program updates and periodic reports
- Coordinate with the National Grants/Financial Officer, the FO Leadership and the FO Finance Manager on finance matters such as allocation, deviations, corrective or proactive actions.
Training and Development
- Provide coaching and support to the Field Office personnel on Data Quality Control and Assurance as needed.
- Coordinate with the JSMTS in training and coaching of Field Office personnel on the various data collection tools / platforms as well as dashboards data collection and analysis.
- Participate in IJM’s spiritual formation, staff care and professional development programs.
- Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned by the Field Office Director – Cebu and the Director of M&E -Philippines.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least two years of experience in monitoring and evaluation and data use, as well as program management experience;
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative methods, data collection, database development and management, and analytics;
- Ability to design and validate data collection tools, such as surveys and interview guides;
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate with multi-disciplinary program teams to understand goals and competing priorities, and translate data into programmatic recommendations;
- Proficient in group facilitation with demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with external and internal partners
- Minimum five years of relevant work experience
- Superior problem-solving skill
- Excellent written and oral communications in English, Visayan and Tagalog
- Ability to manage many projects and tasks simultaneously with minimal oversight
- Demonstrated success in developing new processes and procedures to increase efficiency
- Public speaking
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Global & cultural awareness
- Ability to build trust, unity, and alignment across teams
- Passion for IJM’s mission
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed
- Organized, detail-oriented, and disciplined with priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Unfailing integrity and honesty
- Effective team player and leader
- Works well under stress and minimal supervision
- Punctual, manages time and resources effectively
- Professional, diplomatic, and mature in judgment and demeanor
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Send Job Application (Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith*) to:
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.