Who We Are
IJM is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 countries. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning Coordinator is part of the OSEC Hub M&E team, working and collaborating with various teams within the OSEC Global Program to co-design and co-develop MERL framework and documents, and assist in various M&E-related projects and activities. The candidate will work with the MERL team, POCs, IJM Program Office and pillar leaders. Undertake coordination and facilitation of meetings with various government agencies on M&E-related initiatives and projects. This position bears the responsibility of ensuring that acquired data and reports prepared are relevant, accurate, timely and pass qualitative and quantitative standards to provide helpful analysis on trends, successes, and gaps in the program. This position reports to the Director of M&E.
Monitoring & Evaluation, Research and Learning:
- Work with the MERL Director and MERL team in assessing the needs and enhancements prior drafting the documents needed for baseline studies and MERL plans.
- Facilitate the collection and organization of relevant data and information required for the preparation of request for proposals, reports, and briefings for the MERL Team.
- Coordinate with external research teams and track implementation of studies as needed.
- Work with the MERL Director, Sr. Analyst, National Justice System Monitoring & Technology, and pillar owners in reviewing the standard and custom indicators for the completion of Monitoring Framework Matrix as needed.
- Work with Sr. Lead, National CJS M&E on providing support and coordination with various government agencies f0r the Data Harmonization Project.
- Work with M&E Leads on program management initiatives as needed.
Documentation, Reporting & Data Management:
- Work with the MERL Team in integrating data from different sources, designing and implementing ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) processes to eliminate as much as possible, human intervention in routine information processing.
- Collect and organize government information/JDS data required for preparation of interactive reports and briefings.
- Participate in IJM’s spiritual formation and professional development programs.
- Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned by the Director of M&E (and in the interim, the National Director).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least three years of experience in monitoring and evaluation and data use, as well as program management experience;
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative methods, data collection, database development and management, and analytics;
- Ability to design and validate data collection tools, such as surveys and interview guides;
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate with multi-disciplinary program teams to understand goals and competing priorities, and translate data into programmatic recommendations;
- Proficient in group facilitation with demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with external and internal partners
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Superior problem-solving skill
- Excellent written and oral communications in English and Tagalog
- Ability to manage many projects and tasks simultaneously with minimal oversight
- Demonstrated success in developing new processes and procedures to increase efficiency
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed
- Strong service ethic and passion to help people suffering injustice
- Organized, detail-oriented, and disciplined with priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Global & cultural awareness
- Ability to build trust, unity, and alignment across teams
- Passion for IJM’s mission
- Unfailing integrity and honesty
- Effective team player and leader
- Works well under stress and minimal supervision
- Punctual, manages time and resources effectively
- Professional, diplomatic, and mature in judgment and demeanor
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Send Job Application (Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith*) to:
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.