Who We Are
IJM is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 countries. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
The Lead, Prosecution Development provides capacity-building support to OSEC prosecutors and law enforcement partners through training, mentoring and coaching, to increase government capacity in leading OSEC operations and prosecutions. This role will support the Senior Lead, Prosecution Development for Knowledge Tools & Innovation in testing out and documenting legal strategies. This position is responsible for prosecution support and partnership development in designated regions in the Visayas and Mindanao.
This position is based in Cebu City, Philippines with frequent travel within the country.
- Provide prosecution support and mentorship primarily to public and private prosecution partners in the Visayas and Mindanao.
- Provide legal support and mentorship to ILED, law enforcement and other government partners in OSEC operations.
- Support the testing and documentation of identified legal strategies and prosecution innovations.
- Support and provide insights to Senior Lead, Prosecution Development for Regional System Reform on OSEC prosecution support groups in the Visayas and Mindanao regions.
- Support strategies to scale prosecution through implementing partners.
- Serves as the primary relationship owner from CFO Prosecution Development with respect to working with foreign law enforcement or governments for countries that may be assigned.
- Member of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines in good standing;
- Minimum of 3 years related legal or active criminal litigation experience involving cases of online sexual exploitation of children, trafficking in persons and related child abuse cases;
- Minimum of 2 years working with multi-disciplinary government partners from law enforcement, public prosecution and social services;
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, internet applications and similar functions
- Effective legal writing and court advocacy skills
- Partnership and advocacy skills
- Advanced research skills
- Analytical skills and the ability to distill complex concepts
- Strong communication skills with fluency in English (Fluency in Cebuano or Bisaya dialect is preferred)
- Mentoring, coaching and training skills
- Leadership skills
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed
- Strong service ethic and passion to help people suffering injustice
- Organized, detail-oriented, and disciplined with priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Patient, flexible, and persistent
- Unfailing integrity and honesty
- Effective team player and leader
- Works well under stress and minimal supervision
- Punctual, manages time and resources effectively
- Professional, diplomatic, and mature in judgment and demeanor
- Able to work effectively and appropriately in a cross-cultural setting
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Able to develop creative solutions to complex problems
- Maintains a growth mindset
Send Job Application (Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith*) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.