The Lead, Reporting and Program Management is a pivotal role in the Cambodia Field Office, working closely with IJM Cambodia’s leadership team to ensure casework, partnership and system reform programs are successfully coordinated, designed, implemented, monitored, evaluated and reported upon. This position requires high-level program management knowledge, sophisticated communication, proactive problem-solving, strategic planning and evaluation, analytical thinking, knowledge of the Cambodian public justice system, and a commitment to the success of IJM Cambodia’s mission.
This position is based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Research, Program Management and M&E
- Refine necessary Program Management frameworks and tools to synergize and streamline all programmatic activities and keep everything aligned and driving toward the program’s key objectives;
- Support the Partnerships team in creating project management tools for formalized partnerships;
- Institute regular program reviews and generate structured feedback and discussions at the leadership level to ensure all leaders are aware of areas of needed focus in their projects;
- Provide close input and guidance on the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation strategies and activities, working with the M&E position on the existing monitoring framework and integrating the framework into the new Justice Data Solution, ensuring accurate and timely data collection, designing impact studies and other strategic research, etc.
- Help ensure effective monitoring, evaluation and data gathering from partner activities, ensure partners are equipped to record relevant data and report it.
Strategy & Knowledge Development & Implementation
- Evaluate barriers within IJM or within the justice system that keep casework or system reform activities from progressing or prevent our work from growing in scale. Work with the FOD to design a strategic response and carry out the response to overcome barriers;
- Lead the development of IJM’s source country JST product that will guide partners in implementing the IJM approach to ending impunity in recruiting corridors.
Documentation, Reporting & Data Management
- Work with HODs to ensure all required data is captured from the field accurately and in a timely manner, and oversee the management of IJM’s justice data systems;
- Advise on an improved document management within the office, with the aim of a simple, clear and user-friendly document management system embedded within current IJM information infrastructure;
- Work with partners to help ensure partner data is brought into the IJM justice data system and M&E framework to enable effective partner management and overall program impact evaluation.
Networking & Partnership
- Ensure seamless business processes and work synergy with the IJM Bangkok team on our joint Thai-fishing focused project elements, and with any new IJM programs as they commence;
- Work closely alongside Program Management counterparts in the Hub to enhance the unity and alignment of the Hub programs;
- Ensure each Cambodia team leader is proactively developing relationships and synergies with their respective Hub counterparts.
Policies and Procedures
Create and maintain procedures for effective program management and planning, and policies/procedures around data capture for M&E purposes.
Training and Development
Drive capacity growth in the IJM Cambodia leadership team, focused on developing skillsets that will enable more effective project implementation and measurement, including project management, M&E and data skills.
Education & Experience
- Graduate degree in International Development, Monitoring & Evaluation, Law, Social Work or a related field, or equivalent work experience;
- At least seven years’ experience in Program/Project Management, Program Management certification desirable;
- Experience providing legal or social work case management services to victims of violence;
- Knowledge of Cambodia’s public justice system, laws and policies, diplomatic protocol, and relevant CTIP stakeholders;
- Experience working alongside and providing technical support to government agencies through workshops, committees, forums or technical working groups;
- Experience training/equipping/teaching peers and technical experts.
- Proven ability to improve results and impact of projects through program management and program improvements and innovations;
- Research and development skills;
- Proficiency in program design, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting;
- Effective and meticulous organizer, planner and implementer;
- Excellent coaching and training skills;
- Ability to delegate, manage and carry out projects without supervisory authority over peers;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English. Khmer language skills desirable.
- Sound, mature, disciplined judgment and problem-solving abilities;
- Rigorously results-oriented;
- Resilient and works well under stress with a sustained positive attitude;
- Courageous and humble servant leader;
- Models spiritual and emotional health and authenticity;
- Strong service ethic and a passion for IJM’s mission.
By E-mail (preferred method):
- Deadline: Open until position is filled.
- Only completed applications will be reviewed. A completed application includes:
- Job Application Form, Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith**
- Download Application Form: here OR view this IJM Vacancy
- A completed application can be submitted to cambodiarecruiting@IJM.org
*Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview within two to four weeks.
**What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.