Who We Are
International Justice Mission is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 countries. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
The Office Manager will work in close collaboration with the Country Director to support and provide efficient administrative services and ensure regulatory compliance for the operations of the Foundation. The position also plays a central role managing vendors and payments, submitting financials and other reports both internally and externally as necessary.
Roles and Responsibilities
Policies and Regulatory Compliance
- Lead and advise on regulatory compliance and oversee vendors who are responsible for submissions for the Foundation to ensure timely and compliant filings;
- Advise and ensure labor and workplace statutory requirements are met;
- Review and update procurement policies and procedures periodically or as per needed;
- Review best practice and recommend changes, improvements and enhancement of the procurement processes; and
- Assist in drafting policies and procedures.
Networking & Partnership
- Identify and create a network and database of prequalified vendors to service IJM needs.
- Create and maintain good relationships with suppliers/.
- Network with procurement bodies and professional associations to assure best practice in IJM.
- Develop opportunities for tax donations through business affiliated associations.
Documentation, Reporting & Data Management
- Maintain up to date financial logs and administration functions.
- Prepare and submit expense reports and credit card reports in-line with IJM internal procedures.
- Ensure compliance for all regulatory reporting and GDPR compliant data management.
- Provide periodic reports as needed to the reporting manager and to the Country Director.
Events and Logistics
- Support and coordinate all logistics, financial reporting and costs related to event(s) and visitor groups.
- Coordinate and assist in logistics for local and international travel documentation such as visas, passports, accommodation, bus/vehicle hires, etc.
- Coordinate the stay and visit of office visitors.
- Host visitor and key donor groups to the office and develop agendas for their stay.
- Work with Partner and Advancement offices globally, but particularly in Europe, to plan key events.
- Prepare credit card and expense reports.
- Prepare all regulatory preparations for staff, volunteers and visitors in the office.
- Maintain and operate an efficient system of communication for key events, retreats and other group work functions.
- Receiving, recording and dispatching incoming and outgoing office letters and documents in a systematic manner.
- Maintaining an efficient and well-organized filing system for all organizational documents.
- Processing various monthly bill payments.
- Preparation of reports for petty cash usage and disbursements.
- Reviewing and maintaining all expense reports and filing them in an organized manner with required parties, firms and internal controls.
- Assist with budget planning and tracking.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Country Director.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree in Business Management, Office Administration, Human Resources, or a related field, Master’s Degree Preferred;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a busy administration or procurement office;
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Romanian;
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint and Outlook; and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, QuickBooks or similar software and Excel.
- Excellent planning with great attention to detail;
- Excellent presentation and communication skills;
- Highly organized, efficient.
- Passionate commitment to IJM’s work, mission and values including bridge building and professional.
- Servant leader, humble.
- Courageous, ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Attention to detail, organized and disciplined with priorities.
- Professional in demeanor, appearance, writing and oral communication.
- Works well under stress with a sustained positive attitude.
- Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity.
- Intelligent, creative and proactive problem solver.
- Diplomatic and flexible with strong service ethics.
- Ability to contribute outside of the designated areas of responsibility, team player.
- Part-time, willingness to work 30 hours per week
- Ability to travel within Romania and within Europe, up to 15% of the time
- Romanian driver’s license preferred.
- Experience working with IT equipment and vendors preferred.
Please submit a CV or resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with skills and experience.