Who We Are
International Justice Mission (IJM) is the global leader in protecting vulnerable people from violence around the world. Our global team of over 1,200 professionals are at work in 33 offices. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice unstoppable. Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
IJM Ghana partners with Ghanaian law enforcement officials to identify and rescue children who have been enslaved in Ghana’s fishing industry on Lake Volta. We create customized care plans for each survivor, and we work with government social service agencies and private aftercare providers to ensure children have a safe place to grow in freedom.
After almost 25 years of continued growth and operational success in pioneering the work of protecting those who are experiencing poverty from violence, IJM has become a $100+ million organization. International Justice Mission, Ghana is seeking for applications for Paralegal to support the Ghana (Tamale) Office. The applicant will work closely with the legal department and report to the Justice Sector Manager.
- Logistical preparations for court trips including placing of vehicles requests and preparation of SAP plans.
- Representing the legal team when needed on court trips
- Organizing, maintaining, and updating all Legal cases on CTMS
- CTMS management which shall include consistent updates on court appearances, uploading necessary documentation to mirror Office Court Files and updating CTMS contact database.
- Carry out additional assignments as required by the Director, Tamale Projects, Justice Sector Manager, Director of Operations, and Country Director.
Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in law, from a reputable University.
- In-depth knowledge on legal processes and procedures.
- At least One (1) year working experience in a law firm or a legal organization.
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles' Creed.
- Attention to detail and disciplined with priorities.
- Personable and mature judgment.
- Professional presentation in demeanor, written and oral communication.
- Punctual; manages time and resources effectively.
- Diplomatic, flexible, and mature in judgment.
- Effective team player and leader.
- Evident passion to help people suffering injustice and oppression.
Send Cover Letter, Resume, & Statement of Faith* by E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission is 31st March 2022
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.