Who We Are
IJM is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 countries. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
The Procurement Lead (Regional Accounting Services) will work in close partnership with Country Offices staff to ensure that the end to end process of the procurement of goods and services takes place successfully through Workday.
This will involve ensuring that regional suppliers are correctly vetted and entered into Workday, ensuring that regional procurement operations take place within Workday and in accordance with IJM’s global procurement policies, identifying capacity development needs for Country Office staff to use Workday for procurement and delivering training. This position reports to the Global Procurement Specialist and will be based in the Region.
- Develop strategy for successfully transitioning and supporting all regional procurement activities to take place through Workday and in line with IJM’s procurement policies.
- Vetting and negotiating contracts with vendors and potential vendors for entry into Workday
- Relationship Management with Suppliers, including negotiations for best rates
- Manage preferred Supplier list and consistent pricing and quotes
- Maintain a close relationship with regional leadership, program, and financial management staff for the purpose of collaborating to find enhanced processes and guidance for effectively supporting field financial operations and division goals.
- Regularly review and update accounting and finance policy and procedure manuals to ensure the Country Office procurement operations consistently comply with IJM global internal controls and other local and regulatory requirements for purposes of mitigating financial and reputational risks.
- Improve existing and/or create new Country Office training materials and accounting guidance related to Procurement as resources for site visit support by finance teams as well as for onboarding new finance staff in Country Office locations.
- Perform on-site Country Office financial support and training (as needed) to Country Office finance and general staff on accounting policies, procedures and internal controls for effective performance in relation to procurement and effective use of Workday.
- Ensure that effective document management of Country Office Procurement operations, best practice and vendor records and tax details for audit and history are within Workday.
- Support implementation of all procurement through Workday through vendor review, acceptance and reporting to give clear visibility on spending for effective management and compliance to prevent financial and reputation risks to IJM
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to foster strong supplier relationships
- Influential and diplomatic in building consensus to achieve cross-organizational objectives
- Capacity to understand the effectiveness and outcomes of policies and activities and implementing appropriate adjustments fairly and objectively
- Bachelor’s in accounting or equivalent degree; professional qualification preferred
- Solid knowledge of supplier or third-party management software
- At least 3 years’ experience as line level manager, with a minimum of 2 years in purchasing division, or any other related position
- Mature Christian faith with proven ability to lead others in Christian spiritual formation;
- Interpersonal skillset with strong networking ability;
- Exceptional collaborator with diverse teams;
- High credibility with staff and partners-matrix management experience
- Customer service excellence
- Experience with Workday or similar ERP systems is essential
Send Job Application (Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith*) to:
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.