Who We Are
International Justice Mission (IJM) is the global leader in protecting vulnerable people from violence around the world. Our global team of over 1,200 professionals are at work in 33 offices. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
After almost 25 years of continued growth and operational success in pioneering the work of protecting those who are experiencing poverty from violence, IJM has become a $100+ million organization. As IJM continues this trajectory of growth and scaling of its impact, with the Vision to protect 500 million people by the year 2030, IJM is seeking a Program Officer for the Andean Community Hub.
This role will support the Regional Vice President of the Andean Community (RVP-AC) in holistically facilitating, analyzing and organizing the research, design, planning and execution of a long-term Violence Against Women and Children (VAWC) program, and the research, design, planning and execution of an Andean Community Regional Hub that will support Colombia, Peru and Bolivia, programmatically as well as operationally.
This position is based at Bogotá, Colombia; La Paz, Bolivia; or Lima, Perú and it reports to the Regional Vice President, Andean Community Hub.
- Work directly with Hub/Country program leaders and others to support the development and review of appropriate strategies, projects, and activities that enable each team and the office as a whole to achieve its targets on time and on budget;
- Provide support to Hub/Country team leads and others in the Andean Community (AC) Region in their implementation of program management principles and mechanisms, and in achieving team goals of continuous improvement;
- Coordinate virtual program management office (VPMO) operations and provide guidance to Project Leads and Grant Managers to ensure that adequate program management and reporting support is being provided to the AC Region;
- Coordinate regional learning events and conferences with both internal and external stakeholder participation;
- Assist the Regional Vice President, Andean Community in leading program planning and review meetings as needed;
- Facilitate development and review of procedures and processes to increase interdepartmental efficiencies and integration;
- Support Regional Strategy and Impact Director, Regional Vice President, Andean Community, and Hub/Country Office leaders as they set and/or revise annual and project targets for coming years;
- Support the Regional Strategy and Impact Director, Regional Vice President, Andean Community, and MERL Officer/Regional MERL Director, in designing and reviewing new programs, and making changes to current programs in accordance with IJM program change guidelines;
- Work with FO program leaders to ensure analysis of data is incorporated in program planning and strategic decision-making; and
- Support leadership team and Country offices to monitor budget development and forecasting, ensuring compliance with all the regulations related to it.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Development, Management, Business Administration, or equivalent;
- Master’s degree in Management, Social Sciences, or related field preferred;
- At least five years of experience managing a team of professionals;
- Two years’ experience in an NGO environment strongly preferred;
- Five years of program management experience required;
- Experience interpreting and applying U.S. government grant regulations required;
- Knowledge of grant program and budget management preferred; and
- Experience implementing program management principles and models strongly preferred.
- Passion for IJM’s mission.
- Global and cultural awareness.
- Strong Cultural Intelligence (cross cultural skills).
- Strategic thinking and analysis.
- Facilitation and collaboration.
- Project and Program Management.
- Proven strong written and verbal communication.
- Proficient in written and oral Spanish and English.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
This role does not provide an international expatriate benefits package therefore it is open for nationals or residents who have the legal capacity to live and work either in Bogotá, Colombia; La Paz, Bolivia; or Lima, Perú.
This position requires occasional travel to Latin America, United States, Canada, or other regions; candidates must demonstrate their ability to fulfill legal and health requirements to travel to those countries. Travel may last up to approximately 2 weeks at a time.
Only those candidates who meet the requirements for the position will be contacted.
Send your Resume and Cover Letter in a single document to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org