Who We Are
International Justice Mission (IJM) is the global leader in protecting vulnerable people from violence around the world. Our team of over 1,200 professionals are at work worldwide in over 30 offices. Together we are on a mission to rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice unstoppable.
We are a global community that cares for one another. We believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We provide professional excellence with joy and celebration to all those we serve.
For 25 years, IJM has pioneered the work to protect vulnerable people from violence. As we grow to expand our impact to protect 500 million people from violence by 2030, we are seeking a Project Assistant, Thailand to support the implementation of the project.
The project, Equipping Thai Officials to Identify and Investigate Forced Labor and Labor Trafficking: Improving Case Outcomes and Victim Engagement through Enhanced Capacity Building, aims to build the Thai government’s capacity to enforce its TIP laws in a trauma- informed, victim-sensitive manner, equipping frontline officials with guidelines and training needed to ultimately increase the number of Forced Labor/Labor Trafficking cases identified and improve case investigation outcomes.
These needs will be met through four objectives. Objective 1 will resource frontline officials with new implementing guidelines and coordination and referral SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) to identify, refer and investigate FL/LT cases. Through Objective 2, training of trainers (TOTs) and an online training platform will equip agencies to train frontline officials to apply the guidelines and SOPs; and in Objective 3, agencies will be equipped to train frontline officials to use trauma-informed, victim-centered approaches in their work to identify FL/LT cases. Crosscutting Objective 4 extends Objectives 2 and 3 by establishing and building the capacity of teams of expert mentors within each government target agency to monitor and support the institutionalized training and coaching of frontline officials.
This position is based in Bangkok, Thailand, and reports to the Project Director. This position is on a 12-month contract basis with a chance of contract renewal, and is open to Thai nationals only.
Project Stakeholder Support
- Act as the IJM focal point to coordinate with hotel during the training and other related to project activities;
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and counterparts.
Project Activity Support
- Coordinate and provide administrative and logistical service support of project activities;
- Prepare document and materials for training/meeting/workshops;
- Provide air, and land travel arrangement as applicable to each travel situation;
- Provide the availability of suitable venues as required for the conduct of training, workshops and meetings supported by the project;
- Manage the process of paying and acquitting the project funding used to support travel, including but not limited to the payment of per diems in accordance with the IJM Foundation’s regulations;
- Manage the procurement, dispatch and receipt (as appropriate) of the project funded training/workshops;
- Liaise closely with the IJM’s Finance and Administration teams with regard to timely payment of deposits and final payments for travel, accommodation and venue hire;
- Ensure compliance with U.S. Government Grant Compliance Guidelines.
Project Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Support the project team to record expenditures and report information as per the project’s budget monitoring.
- Provide general administrative support to J/TIP Director and project team;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Project Director or delegate.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two years’ of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated competence in English language;
- Sound interpersonal skills complemented by effective written and verbal communication skills; and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
- Competent information technology skills.
- Good critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Good planning and implementing skills.
- Disciplined with priorities, excellent time management and ability to work effectively under deadline pressures.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong networking skills: Able to interact with other professionals to develop strong connections.
- Multi-tasking: Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and complete each in a timely fashion.
- Proven ability to work and communicate well with diverse teams.
- Agility to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Proven ability to exercise good judgment, take initiative and produce results.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as under supervision and as part of a team.
- Ability to perform and thrive in an international organization with an international- standard, professional working style and business culture.
- Flexible, enthusiastic, humble, and willing to receive feedback and learn from others.
- Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity.
- Professional presentation in demeanor and written and oral communication.
- Passionate commitment to and understanding of IJM Foundation’s mission, vision and values.
Interested applicants, please send your Cover Letter and CV/Resume in English in one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 22 September 2023.
Remarks: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IJM holds strict safeguarding principles and a zero tolerance to violations of the Safeguarding Policy, Protection against Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment Policy and Code of Conduct. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasis to assessing the candidates value congruence and thorough background, police clearance and reference check processes.