Who We Are
International Justice Mission (IJM) is the global leader in protecting vulnerable people from violence around the world. Our global team of over 1,200 professionals are at work in over 30 offices. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice unstoppable.
We are a global community that cares for one another. We believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
After 25 years of continued growth and operational success in pioneering the work of protecting those who are experiencing poverty from violence, IJM has become a $100+ million organization. As IJM continues this trajectory of growth and scaling of its impact, with the Vision to protect 500 million people by the year 2030, IJM’s Thailand Field Office is seeking a Project Coordinator.
This position is based at IJM’s Thailand Field Office in Bangkok and reports to the Project Director. This position is a one-year contract (renewable) role.
Project Stakeholder Support
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all government stakeholders, based on mutual accountability and respect. Key government stakeholders include officials in the Office of the Prime Minister, Ministry of Labour, Office of the Attorney General, Royal Thai Police, Department of Special Investigation, Department of Fisheries, Ministry of Social Development and Human security, and Department of Provincial Administration.
- Provide general secretariat support for the project and the Thai government’s TIP Capacity Building Sub-committee, through which the project is being implemented, including preparation of draft agendas, taking minutes and recording outcomes.
Project Activity Support
- Under the direction of the Project Director, lead the preparation, analysis and adjustment of project work plans, timelines, and associated budgets to ensure alignment with the project’s priorities and implementation plans.
- Under the direction of the Project Director, lead and coordinate the implementation of project activities, ensuring they are implemented effectively, and that results are appropriately monitored and reported.
- Support timely response to internal and external requests related to project work plans, budgets and timelines.
- Manage, maintain and foster relationships with internal teams in order to work collaboratively with IJM staff in other projects/departments.
Project Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- With M&E Department, gather, record and report information as per the program’s monitoring, evaluation and learning plans and requirements.
- Write regular quarterly reports of the project’s progress, challenges, and risks, including reporting on key performance indicators and other project monitoring information.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working in program planning and management, project budget management, and project coordination.
- Excellent communication skills, including fluency in spoken and written English and Thai.
- An understanding of the Thai context related to human trafficking and forced labour, including national legislation, government policies, and/or the roles of key stakeholders related to the issue, including related government agencies.
- The ability to work with senior Thai government officials, demonstrating high-level communication and interpersonal skills to build strong and effective working relationships with key counterparts.
- Familiarity with data management and business processes related to reporting; specific grants-related experience beneficial.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent planning and implementing skills.
- Disciplined with priorities, excellent time management and ability to work effectively under deadline pressures.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong networking skills: Able to interact with other professionals to develop strong connections.
- Multi-tasking: Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and complete each in a timely fashion.
- Proven ability to work and communicate well with diverse teams.
- Agility to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Proven ability to exercise good judgment, take initiative and produce results.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as under supervision and as part of a team.
- Ability to perform and thrive in an international organization with an international-standard, professional working style and business culture.
- Flexible, enthusiastic, humble, and willing to receive feedback and learn from others.
- Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity.
- Professional presentation in demeanor and written and oral communication.
- Passionate commitment to and understanding of IJM Foundation’s mission, vision and values.
Interested applicants, please send your Cover Letter and CV/Resume in English to email@example.com not later than 22 November 2022.
Remarks: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.