Who We Are
International Justice Mission (IJM) is the global leader in supporting governments to protect vulnerable people from violence. Our team of 1,200+ professionals are at work in over 25 countries across Asia, Africa, Europe, Latin America and North America. Together with government, corporate, civil society, community and survivor leader partners, we are catalysing a global movement that will rescue millions, protect half a billion and make justice unstoppable.
IJM is seeking a Regional Communications Officer to serve as a leader to guide our regional communications strategy across Asia Pacific (APAC). This would encompass ensuring APAC produces compelling storytelling that fuels global movement, amplifies our program impact, increases revenue, and grows IJM’s brand recognition, voice and partnerships. This role supports and collaborates with IJM Communications teams located in our five Program Offices and four Advancement Offices in this region. This role will also collaborate with IJM’s Global Brand & Communications team to be aligned with global policies and compliance, storytelling and messaging pipeline, as well as to maintain access to creative content, resources and learnings. This officer would report to the Regional President, Asia Pacific with direct supervision of a small regional-level Communications team and indirect leadership support to the national-level Communication teams in both Program and Advancement Offices. Candidates must be based in the APAC region in one of these countries: Singapore, Hong Kong, Thailand, Malaysia, South Korea, Cambodia, Australia or the Philippines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Marketing or a related field
- At least 5 years of professional experience leading a regional-level of multi-national Communications team and strategy
- Experience supporting communications and marketing for fundraising teams preferred
- Experience with non-governmental/non-profit, human rights and/or development agencies preferred
- Experience working with international media; brand management; crafting of press releases, talking points, responses and statements
- Superb verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with proven expertise in clearly communicating complex ideas for diverse audiences
- Portfolio of excellent published written and public engagement work that demonstrates creativity, ingenuity and insight
- Exceptional and trusted collaborator with diverse teams
How to apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to Arielle Yang at email@example.com. Applications should include:
- a cover letter;
- a curriculum vitae; and
- a statement of faith.
Remarks: Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Posting period: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.