IJM is seeking a Regional Security Oficer, Asia Pacific who will lead strategic and operational safety and security initiatives in this region. He/she will be the primary point of contact on safety and security regional matters, and will be responsible for coordinating safety and security initiatives, policies and procedures across this region. He/she serves as a subject matter expert for the region and will mentor national Safety and Security Focal Points (SSFPs). Key responsibilities include the strengthening and maintenance of safety and security culture in various offices in the Asia Pacific region to be aligned with IJM’s global standards, capacity building and training of national SSFPs to become safety and security experts in their respective country and enhancement of Incident and Crisis Management mechanisms in Asia Pacific to achieve standards of excellence. This position has a direct reporting line to the Global Vice President of Safety and Security, and a dotted reporting line to the Regional President, Asia Pacific. This is a single contributor position with indirect supervision of SSFPs in each office within the Asia Pacific region.
Candidates must be based in either Bangkok (Thailand) or Manila (Philippines) or Phnom Penh (Cambodia).
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in managing security operations, preferably for a non-profit organization
- Experience living and working as a safety & security professional in Thailand and/or the Philippines
- Expertise in analysis of security threats, risk and vulnerability in the Asia Pacific region, particularly in Thailand and/or the Philippines
- Experience in crisis management and safety & security training preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional and trusted collaborator with diverse teams
- Effective team player and decisive leader
How to apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to Arielle Yang at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should include: a) a cover letter; b) a curriculum vitae; c) a statement of faith.
Remarks: Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Posting period: Applications will be accepted through 16 July 2021.