Who We Are
IJM is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 countries. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
The Senior Administrator for Grants will ensure compliance with IJM and all Westpac rules and regulations governing grant processes. S/he will be responsible for supporting overall grant management and implementation, work across all teams, including collaboration with Finance, M&E and IT to ensure effective and efficient grant management. This position will also serve as the system administrator for Westpac grants management data and will be responsible for ensuring completion of monitoring, evaluation and impact reporting to IJM and Westpac.
Roles and Responsibilities
Strategy & Knowledge Development & Implementation
- Develop, implement systems, and monitoring procedures to ensure proper stewardship of funds on pre-awards, award, post-awards, and close-out.
Networking & Partnership
- Manage and maintain relationship with the implementing teams in obtaining program updates in relation to the target and implementation.
Policies and Procedures
- Ensure full compliance with grant obligations as stipulated in the agreement;
- Document best practices on grants and program management that can be shared within IJM; and
- Assist in developing proposal or concept papers for potential funders.
- Reviews and recommends options for the continuous improvement of policies, procedures, system enhancements in order to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery and administration and monitoring of projects;
- Develop and implement effective communication strategies on project achievements and successes, providing updates to the organization, partners, and subgrantees on program implementation; and
- In coordination with Communications and Branding Manager, create communication materials to update partners, subgrantees and other stakeholders on the progress of the grant projects.
Training and Development
- Improve the way staff capture, access and use grant-making information to enhance programmatic and operational decision making, produce accurate reports, enable learning, enhance supporting systems and tools;
- Ensure all staff are aware and knowledgeable of grants management processes and technology to the degree their functions require. This includes designing dashboards and training staff of all departments, formally and informally; and
- Through formal training, on the job support and monitoring, build the capacity of local partner staff in grants/contract compliance.
Research, Program Management and M&E
- Support timely response to donor requests related to grant agreements, budgets and spending;
- Review, communicate and monitor compliance with Westpac requirements related to staffing, purchase, construction and reporting; and
- Coordinate with the M&E to ensure data (contributing to indicators) for donor reporting is correct and readily available.
Documentation, Reporting & Data Management
- Coordinate the preparation of timely and quality programme and donor reports on project activities in compliance with Westpac and IJM requirements;
- Coordinate the report writing process among the teams by receiving, consolidating and writing the report;
- Report grant performance and accomplishments versus targets, track and monitor grant modifications and amendments;
- Monitor and document the grantmaking workflow processes, forms, templates, reports and data to assure full compliance with internal controls and legal requirements;
- Maintaining a database of all Westpac related program documents, and monitor timely submission of periodic and final reports;
- Maintain comprehensive internal controls on grant and financial management system, sub-contracts, and audit requirements;
- Develop and maintain a system for recording and tracking grant implementation, statistical information, create and distribute summaries, as required;
- Document minutes of the meeting and make it available for reference;
- Ensure that all grant management reports are well written and documented promptly; and
- Monitor grant activities, milestones and assess compliance including identification and documentation of any deviations from the intended purpose of the project.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities for the position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All positions are required to perform any additional tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study from an accredited university;
- Working knowledge of industry standards in program design, planning, and management.
- Data management experience, familiarity with data systems and business processes
- Excellent technical writing skills, data gathering and management.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and other software)
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Technical knowledge on grant management, documentation, reporting and monitoring.
- Technical knowledge on grant related polices, guidelines and requirements of various funding agencies.
- Ability to explain policies, rules and regulations in a clear and non-threatening manner.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and coordinate the work of teams.
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
- Self-starter with strong initiative;
- Disciplined with priorities;
- Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication;
- Flexible, collaborative and eager to support others;
- Effective team player who fosters collaborative environment; and
- Adept at creative problem solving.
Send Job Application (Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith*) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.