Who We Are
IJM is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 countries. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
The Sr. Aftercare Development Trainer handles the learning and professional development of partner service providers and equip them with the knowledge, practical skills, and motivation to enable them to provide appropriate and effective care to OSEC survivors. The Sr. Aftercare Development Trainer conducts assessment of the skills and knowledge of partner service providers and determine what training/s is/are needed to grow and retain these skills. The trainer plans and assesses the 'return on investment' of any training or development program. This includes devising ways of measuring training effectiveness through various evaluation measurements. This position works closely with and influences senior leaders and stakeholders to support training and development needs of key stakeholders. The trainer fosters partnership and linkages with GO, NGO’s LGUs, PO’s, academe, and other civic organizations relative to training activities/programs and services.
Contribute to the development of the training road map
- Work with the National Aftercare Training Specialist and the NAD team in developing a training road map
- Formulate annual training plan and keep track of its implementation
- Create and manage training schedules
- Participate in meetings and consultations relative to the implementation of the training program.
Assess the training needs of partner organizations and service providers
- Design a training needs assessment template for a specific target audience
- Administer training needs assessment with partner organizations and service providers
- Liaise with the Aftercare team and partners to identify and assess training and development needs.
Design and expand training and development program
- Identify internal and external training programs to address competency gaps
- Liaise with subject matter experts regarding the instructional design
- Prepare training proposals and training development programs
- Design and prepare educational aids and materials as needed.
Facilitate training and advocacy meetings
- Organize, and source training programs to meet specific training needs
- Handle logistics for training activities including venues and equipment
- Deliver and oversee the training and advocacy related events
- Facilitate learning through a variety of delivery methods
- Manage training budget.
Monitor and evaluate training program implementation and its impact
- Design and apply assessment tools to measure training effectiveness
- Keep track of the key performance indicator related to training
- Track and report on training outcomes
- Provide feedback to training participants and Aftercare team
- Evaluate and make recommendations on training materials and methodology.
Document training activities
- Document training and related events
- Update and keep track of the Aftercare training documentation or tabulation in JDS
- Prepare quarterly and annual reports.
- Graduate of any 4-year university course; preferably those with qualifications in business studies, management, human resources, psychology, industrial relations, or other similar subjects; with good scholastic records
- Computer literate, has more than adequate skills in Word, Excell, and Powerpoint apps
- Minimum of 3 years experience in training facilitation and management and conducting TNA
- With experience in using training equipment/paraphernelia
- With at least 8 hours of relevant training in the field of specialization of this role
- Conducting TNA and analyzing TNA results
- Preparing training designs and proposals
- Creating training evaluation tools and analyzing results
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
- Self-starter with strong initiative;
- Disciplined with priorities;
- Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication;
- Flexible, collaborative and eager to support others;
- Effective team player who fosters collaborative environment; and
- Adept at creative problem solving.
Send Job Application (Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith*) to: email@example.com
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.