Who We Are
IJM is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 countries. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
The Sr. Assistant for Finance will manage the payment processes in the Manila Field Office, including taking custody of a Petty Cash Fund, taking custody of the checkbook and writing checks, and initiating online bank payment transactions. This position will also be responsible for enforcing timely settlement of cash advances and payment of recurring expenses. Lastly, this position will support the timely submission of finance documents as well as the continuous review of finance business processes and internal controls.
- Secure PC log and checkbook from unauthorized access
- Log all transactions in the PC log or Checkbook Ledger
- Maintain sufficient PC fund and cash in bank balances at all times
- Replenish the PC fund or initiate wire request as scheduled/needed
- Issue Official Receipt for cash receipts where appropriate, whether through the PC fund or bank account
- Conduct daily petty cash count and submit to additional weekly/monthly counts by the Finance Manager and Field Office Director
- Assist the Finance Manager in opening, updating, or closing of bank accounts.
- Maintain sufficient number of blank checks at all times
- Review non-confidential local currency payment requests and process according to specified payment method (cash, check, electronic) and within prescribed timeline
- Follow-up payment confirmation (i.e. receipts) where applicable.
Cash Advance Monitoring
- Enforce timely settlement of cash advances including sending out appropriate reminders/follow-up as needed
- Monitor outstanding cash advances and reconcile against QB at the end of the month
Recurring Expense Monitoring
- Monitor recurring expenses (e.g. rent, utilities, communications, payroll withholdings/contributions) for timely payment/reimbursement
- Monitor vendor vetting documentation for recurring expenses for validity (i.e. within 12 months)
- Require updated vetting where appropriate.
- Assist in the compilation of non-confidential transactions (PRF, ER, JV) for submission to Global Finance
- Participate in the continuous review of finance business processes and internal controls to better ensure effective financial management and consistent financial compliance
- Support national, regional, or global strategic initiatives involving finance operations (e.g. Financial Gap Analysis, Workday)
- Ensure effective management of files related to assigned responsibilities
- Perform other finance duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or any other Finance course
- At least 2 years experience in finance, including cash management and payment processing
- Experience with Microsoft Office and other electronic financial systems
- Experience with Workday a plus, but not required
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
- Self-starter with strong initiative;
- Disciplined with priorities;
- Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication;
- Flexible, collaborative and eager to support others;
- Effective team player who fosters collaborative environment; and
- Adept at creative problem solving.
Send Job Application (Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith*) to: email@example.com
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.