Who We Are
IJM is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 countries. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
IJM is seeking a creative, innovative Communications Designer to join our team. The successful Candidate’s responsibilities include interpreting internal client briefs and turning them into creative solutions, delivering high-quality IJM products, leading the design development. The candidate should be an expert in using graphics software application to create visual design elements for online publications, print materials and other visual media. This Communications Designer is responsible for crafting visual designs that reflect Global OSEC Hub’s marketing concepts and goals. Using advanced graphic software programs and other technology, this Communications Designer will create something as basic as a brochure or as complex as full-length animation.
The Communications Designer will use words and images/visuals to convey messages and ideas across multiple media platforms and strategically express IJM advocacy points, impact and compelling messaging that showcases who we are, what we do and a clear call to action.
To be a successful Communications Designer, one should be able to adhere to tight deadline and should have strong communication, leadership and analytical skills.
This position is based at IJM Manila.
- Strategy & Knowledge Development & Implementation
- Creative Concept Development
- Design Execution
- Editing and Proofreading
- Net-working & Partnership
- Documentation, Reporting & Data Management:
- Events and Logistics Support
- Exceptional ability in visuals and graphic designs, marketing writing, storytelling and copyediting;
- Portfolio of excellent published work that demonstrates expertise, creativity and ability to write for/communicate with varying audiences;
- Ability to think conceptually and execute tactically across websites, digital products, print materials, ongoing email campaigns and more;
- Demonstrated experience managing a large number of projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with minimal oversight;
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Advertising, Fine Arts or a related field preferred; and
- A minimum of five years’ managerial or senior-level design experience in visual communications as a professional copywriter (or marketer with strong copy emphasis), with significant experience creating marketing content, including direct response communications, strongly preferred. Experience in an agency context preferred but not required.
- Strong creativity skills and the vision to turn briefs into creative projects. Ability to work both independently and with a team. Has in-depth knowledge of graphic design and CAD tools.
- Proactively seeks and hear storylines throughout the organization and present them in a collaborative way.
- Must possess excellent leadership, organizational, planning skills and analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends on the issue of children.
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
- Self-starter with strong initiative;
- Disciplined with priorities;
- Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication;
- Flexible, collaborative and eager to support others;
- Effective team player who fosters collaborative environment; and
- Adept at creative problem solving.
Send Job Application (Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith*) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.