Who We Are
IJM is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 countries. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
IJM is seeking a Sr. Communications & Content Strategist to be the communications point person for IJM’s Center to End Online Sexual Exploitation of Children (the “Center”) and provide excellent and dedicated communications support for IJM’s OSEC programs in the Center, with the objective of exposing, neutralizing, and deterring online sexual exploitation of children globally. This role is expected to contribute significantly to the Center’s objectives of (1) improving detection and reporting by technology and financial sectors, (2) strengthening an effective global network of accountability (law enforcement and prosecution), and (3) supporting effective justice system responses from source and demand-side countries.
This position also ensures all written products are professional and supported by existing research, including through the use of IJM collaborative casework, training, and system reform data. This position reports to the Director, Center, Global OSEC Hub, Asia Pacific Region for purposes of day-to-day tasks, projects and Center communications strategy, and reports to the OSEC Hub, Communications Director for purposes of alignment with the Hub Communications Team, IJM brand and messaging, and is based in Manila or Cebu with occasional travel within the Philippines.
This position is open to Filipino Nationals.
- Provide regular communications to supervisor on progress in Center Communications Plan implementation
- Persuasively communicate in all written pieces with Center partners and stakeholders to influence their response to OSEC in line with IJM’s Theory of Change and Center programming goals
- Prepare well-organized and persuasive written pieces, including press releases, advocacy talking points, ghost write Op-Eds, speech writing, content development, and online blogs/articles in line with Center goals and projects
- Support PowerPoint preparation for Center external and internal presentations to key partners and stakeholders
- Analyze and provide inputs for Center social media communications in line with the Center’s aggressive global thought leadership, activation goals and global OSEC messaging
- Ensure 100%-error free publications, by managing copyediting and fact-checking processes on assigned projects.
Networking & Partnership:
- Network and partner with IJM subject matter experts within the Center, OSEC Hub and other regions to identify content for and develop Center communication pieces for publication (internal and external), accounting for varying partnership management policies
- Maintain collaborations with the OSEC Hub Communications team and relevant communications staff in other regions, IAOs and Strategic Partnership Directors to collaborate on regional or global Center communications pieces, including online campaigns
- Liaise and work closely with OSEC Hub social media account manager to ensure Center social media accounts maintain desired activity (# of posts), building strong connectivity to increasing number of key stakeholders, and sharing of Center products via social media platforms in line with the Center’s aggressive global thought leadership, activation goals and global OSEC messaging
- Liaise and work closely with the OSEC Hub website manager to ensure Center products, communication pieces, partnerships, and program wins are timely represented and shared on the website, and recommend improvements and website updates as needed
Strategy & Knowledge Development & Implementation:
- In collaboration with Center Director and Hub Communications team, develop and implement Center communications strategies, including formulating objectives and priorities for communication pieces and social media communications
- Review and provide input to the Center social media strategy
- As part of the OSEC Hub Communications team and in collaboration with the Center Director and Technical Advisor, support the development of global OSEC messaging to advance Center program goals, partnerships and activation targets
Research, Program Management and M&E:
- Support monitoring of any outcomes related to communications, including social media engagement
- Conduct basic open-source online research to support the development of Center communications pieces
Events and Logistics:
- Support the presentation of IJM Center messaging during events, matching language, key concepts (UN SDGs etc) as needed.
- Coordinate with OSEC Hub comms team to deliver timely press releases and social media posts related to global conferences, fora, webinars and other key projects.
Training and Development:
- Work with SMEs and Center leaders in developing press releases, social media plans to amplify the Center’s trainings and partnerships with partners, including for IJM-led or Partner-led field programs
- Provide Communications and messaging on-boarding orientation to new Center staff, interns, and fellows
Policies and Procedures:
- In collaboration with the OSEC Hub Communications team, identify and support best practices development in Center communications, including use of survivor voice, visuals, and other compelling media
- Incorporate all IJM Global and OSEC Hub communications and written branding and messaging policies, and recommend improvements to same based on Center experiences
- Support tracking of Center Communications, including reach, in collaboration with the OSEC Hub Communications team
- Support developing press release, Op-Ed, advocacy piece writing timelines
- University degree in Communications, Writing, International Development, Public Policy, Economics, Public Health, Criminal Justice, or another related field
- At least three years of experience in professional writing
- Proven written substantive and published writing experience, with persuasive writing experience preferred
- Experience working effectively cross-culturally and across multiple time zones strongly preferred
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate with multi-disciplinary program teams to understand goals and activities
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English, including the ability to make complex technical concepts easy to understand for non-technical audiences
- Strong computer skills, including high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and relevant publishing software
- Knowledge of OSEC issues, anti-OSEC programming, NGO and government engagement in Southeast Asian countries preferred.
- Strategic thinking and analysis
- Facilitation and collaboration
- Knowledge of standards relating to professional writing, citation, grammar;
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed
- Strong service ethic and passion to help people suffering injustice
- Organized, detail-oriented, and disciplined with priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong emotional intelligence
- Patient, flexible, and persistent
- Unfailing integrity and honesty
- Effective team player and leader
- Works well under stress and minimal supervision
- Punctual, manages time and resources effectively
- Professional, diplomatic, and mature in judgment and demeanor
- Able to work effectively and appropriately in a cross-cultural setting, and
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Send Job Application (Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith*) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.