IJM is seeking an experienced professional to serve as Communications Senior Lead for our Asia Pacific Forced Labor Slavery (FLS) Program Hub, which includes four Program Offices in Thailand, Malaysia, Cambodia and Myanmar and likely further expansion. This dynamic, creative and strategic leader will develop and implement a communications strategy to support our program objectives. Together with Communications staff in each Program Office, this leader will create visual and written storytelling content from all Program Offices for IJM’s global fundraising and advocacy initiatives, including stories of hope and impact, data, breaking news, survivor and staff speakers and more. This leader will also help to strengthen the FLS Hub’s voice and influence with the media, corporate, development, government and other key stakeholders. This position will also work closely with the Asia Pacific Regional Communications Officer, Global Brand & Communications, and Communications leaders in IJM’s Advancement Offices on joint campaigns, messaging, fundraising initiatives and other collaborative efforts to ensure IJM successfully achieves our 2030 Vision of protecting 500 million people from violence. This role reports to the Regional Vice President, Forced Labor Programs.
Preferred location for candidates is Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia or Myanmar; excellent candidates based in other locations across the Asia Pacific region are also welcome to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing or related field
- At least 5 years of professional experience working in media, marketing, public relations or related field
- Demonstrated track record of creating compelling stories of need, hope and impact
- Experience developing social media campaigns and web content
- Portfolio of excellent published written or visual work
- Experience in a humanitarian work context, with demonstrated trauma-informed interviewing skills and a survivor-protection mindset.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.) and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point).
How to apply: Interested applicants, please send your Cover Letter and CV/Resume in English to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 29 Oct 2021.
Remarks: Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.