Who We Are
IJM is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 countries. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
The Sr. Lead, National Law Enforcement Development Training and Research specializes in the development of research and training products to advance law enforcement development. This role is responsible for identifying law enforcement performance and system needs; and designing, planning and implementing industry-standard training and research products to address these needs. The Sr. Lead works within the NILED strategic framework and collaborates with multi-disciplinary, internal and external stakeholders.
Strategy, Knowledge Development, and Implementation:
- In collaboration with the NILED and other Field Office ILED teams, develop a training road map that is responsive to identified law enforcement performance and system needs;
- Strategize rollout of existing training curriculum and ensure it aligns with IJM’s 2030 vision;
- Produce case studies and research products that advance understanding of OSEC for an improved strategic, policy-level response.
Networking and Partnership:
- Actively partner with PNP and NBI to identify performance and system needs and to design and implement training products;
- Establish partnership with professionals, academia, organizations and coalitions that provide training, conduct research, or serve as subject matter experts;
Training and Development:
- Design new course materials; or update or modify existing course materials and processes for specific areas/topics identified as needed for capacity development of partners, including training, mentoring and coaching of partners, peer learning and other methodologies;
- Lead the implementation and evaluation of training products providing strategic oversight of planning, budgeting, implementing and monitoring of the training rollout;
- Lead the conversion of in-person training products to an online or blended learning format, as appropriate;
- Lead the certification of training product offerings.
- Conduct relevant coordination & meetings with government and NGO partners to give feedback, evaluate and recommend how to scale and improve ILED training;
- Represent the team in specific engagement related to training;
- Facilitate knowledge sharing between and among the ILED team and partners.
Research, Program Management and M&E:
- In collaboration with the monitoring and evaluation team, monitor, evaluate, and report on the impact of training and research initiatives;
- Ensure accuracy of ILED data;
- Conduct analysis and draw insights from ILED data to inform training and research focus;
- Contribute to the development of annual work plans, performance monitoring plans, and reports.
- Participate in IJM’s spiritual formation, staff care, and professional development programs;
- Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned by the NILED Director.
- Advanced degree in criminology or social sciences is preferred; or Minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience
- Experience in designing and implementing training and research products
- Experience in developing online training products
- Excellent presentation skills for in-person and online training formats
- Significant networking and advocacy experience required.
- Must be highly proficient in the use of software necessary for the creation of visually and verbally engaging training materials and reports
- Must possess strong analytical skills as well as a demonstrated passion for research, data analysis
- Must additionally demonstrate strong leadership qualities where s/he shows an ability to influence a cross-functional team and top management into following a course action.
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
- Self-starter with strong initiative;
- Disciplined with priorities;
- Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication;
- Flexible, collaborative and eager to support others;
- Effective team player who fosters collaborative environment; and
- Adept at creative problem solving.
Send Job Application (Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith*) to: email@example.com
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.