Who We Are
International Justice Mission is a global organization that protects people in poverty from violence. IJM partners with local authorities in 33 program offices in 23 countries to combat slavery, police abuse of power, violence against women and children, and other forms of abuse against people who are poor. IJM works to rescue and restore victims, hold perpetrators accountable, and help strengthen public justice systems.
Started in 2001, IJM’s office in Kenya works to combat police abuse of power against people who are poor, as well as sexual violence against children.
Inspired by God’s call to love all people and to seek justice for people under oppression, IJM works with local authorities to protect people in poverty from violence, without regard to religious background and beliefs or any other factor and seeks to work alongside all people of goodwill.
Senior Manager, Policy, Partnerships & Advocacy
The successful candidate will lead a movement through partnership development, Church and grass-root mobilisation that will advocate for a transformed National Police Service that upholds a culture of professionalism and respect for the rule of law. The incumbent will assess capacity gaps in the Criminal Justice System and develop ways of enhancing capacity among players in the criminal justice system. He/she will manage departmental budgets and ensure professional and spiritual growth of departmental staff.
- Building Strategic relationships with government agencies, civil society, key church leaders and grassroots organization to catalyze change and move the government to own the work of justice;
- Providing leadership that results in clear analysis of specific policies that makes it possible for police to abuse their power and have clear intervention strategies to change/develop the legislation/policy;
- Driving the advocacy and partnership agenda that results in policy change leading to the reduction of space through which police abuse their power;
- Leading a strong team that embodies IJM’s rhythms and core values and efficiently and effectively delivers on their mandate;
- Managing departmental plans to ensure timeliness and delivery as per schedule and donor requirements.
Education & Experience
- Masters degree in law, International Development, Policy or a related field;
- A bachelor’s degree in Law;
- At least 5 years of experience in policy advocacy and human rights
- At least 3-year experience of law practice
- Experience in program design, monitoring and evaluation and data use in support of programs in the developing world;
- Proficient in group facilitation with demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with partners, staff, and colleagues with a high level of tact, diplomacy and confidentiality.
Please send your Resume, Cover Letter & statement of faith in one document* to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the Position Title in the subject heading before July 9, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your faith and how you see it relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.