Who We Are
IJM is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 countries. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
IJM is seeking for a qualified Sr. Officer, Program Management, OSEC Hub who will report to the VP, Global OSEC Hub, Asia Pacific Region, and will provides overall program management for IJM’s OSEC portfolio. This position will be responsible for advising the OSEC program leaders and program teams as they develop, revise, implement and document strategies and plans that ensure achievement of program targets. The Hub Program Manager will work with the VP OSEC Hub and relevant OSEC leaders to ensure that all OSEC program goals are in sync to achieve its unified program goals and aligned with the mission and vision of IJM, regionally and globally. This role will ensure effective communication rhythms to keep project stakeholders apprised of program status and changes; provide monitoring and quality assurance to ensure the program achieves its desired results; and facilitate program closure, including debriefing and knowledge management. The Program Manager will also collaborate with the Hub M&E team, Center Program manager, Grants team and relevant IJM stakeholders on reporting, strategy, special projects, and other areas as needed.
Program Design and Management
- Lead program design for expansion programs, and review, evaluate, update/recommend revisions in existing programs in accordance with IJM program change guidelines, to ensure high standard program management principles are applied in all OSEC programs.
- Research, analysis, and technical writing to assess and document program impact of the OSEC Hub and its various programs.
- Support the development of all M&E aspects of the OSEC Hub, in collaboration with relevant program/project managers and Director of M&E.
- Monitor and document Hub progress in achieving casework, activation, justice system strengthening targets and all relevant program indicators related to Hub programs.
- Liaise with the Finance and Grants team to monitor grant budget versus actuals, connecting program activities to budget development and forecasting.
- Work with program leaders to ensure analysis of data is incorporated in program planning and strategic decision-making.
Leadership, Collaboration, and Strategy
- Work with the VP OSEC Hub to set vision for, problem solve for, and develop innovative solutions on effectively managing the OSEC Hub portfolio, strategic alignment with IJM’s global and regional strategies.
- Ensure the Hub provides timely reporting, updating, alignment and compliance with IJM global indicators.
- Work directly with the VP OSEC Hub and other program leaders to support the development and review of appropriate strategies, projects, and activities that enable each team and the Hub as a whole to achieve its targets on time and on budget.
- Collaborate with IJM’s Global Quality Assurance staff to share knowledge, obtain needed support, and obtain and share resources.
- Provide support to field program managers to ensure they are aligned with the Hub overall goals and objectives, strategy, deliverables and delivered in a timely manner.
- Work with Finance managers within the Hub/APAC, other field program managers on budget development, management, monitoring related to program deliverables, providing relevant budget managers with helpful analysis on budget management.
- Manage and coordinate global and regional program initiatives within the Hub and its various units, ensuring full and timely compliance and delivery.
- Provide regular communications to Hub, and other program leaders on progress in the OSEC Program’s projects and deliverables.
- In coordination with various report writers, Prepare Hub’s quarterly and other reports updating key IJM and external stakeholders on Hub’s program progress and deliverables.
- Communicate with external partners as needed on program deliverables, and other commitments.
- Support the VP OSEC Hub in communicating relevant Hub-wide program announcements, updates, strategic changes, etc.
Program Impact, Quality, and Evaluation
- Proactively identify gaps or needed changes in program design and management.
- Facilitate, and provide the necessary data and analysis for, regular program learning activities to support the program in achieving demonstrable, meaningful impact.
- Support M&E and relevant staff on prevalence study, mid-term studies, and end of program studies.
- Contribute to the development of IJM program quality standards.
- Contribute to the program design process for new Hub programs
- Master’s degree in International Development, Public Policy, Management, Economics, Social Work, Data Science, Public Health, Criminal Justice, or another related field
- At least five years of experience in program management or related experience
- Experience working effectively cross-culturally and across multiple time zones strongly preferred
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate with multi-disciplinary program teams to understand goals and activities, balance staff time and competing priorities, and translate data into programmatic recommendations
- Strong computer skills, including functional knowledge of quantitative and qualitative data analysis software
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English, including the ability to make complex technical concepts easy to understand for non-technical audiences
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Strategic thinking and analysis
- Facilitation and collaboration
- Project and Program/Portfolio Management
- Knowledge of standards relating to professional writing, citation, grammar;
- Knowledge of OSEC issues, anti-OSEC programming, NGO and government engagement in APAC countries preferred.
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed
- Strong service ethic and passion to help people suffering injustice
- Organized, detail-oriented, and disciplined with priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Patient, flexible, and persistent
- Unfailing integrity and honesty
- Effective team player and leader
- Works well under stress and minimal supervision
- Punctual, manages time and resources effectively
- Professional, diplomatic, and mature in judgment and demeanor
- Able to work effectively and appropriately in a cross-cultural setting
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Send Job Application (Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith*) to: email@example.com
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.